• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Might have to pick up a copy of Rainbow 6 - should be able to find a decent pre owned copy around now

You won't regret it. The only FPS I've played where you actually have to think and use proper tactics - where you only get one life and therefore need to play the game properly, rather then running in all guns blazing.

You on PS4? If so, add me jbarnettuk1984 and I'll get you involved in some of our games, as we quite often have 3 or 4 on at a time and a spare space.

You won't regret it. The only FPS I've played where you actually have to think and use proper tactics - where you only get one life and therefore need to play the game properly, rather then running in all guns blazing.

You on PS4? If so, add me jbarnettuk1984 and I'll get you involved in some of our games, as we quite often have 3 or 4 on at a time and a spare space.

Thanks, not yet but picking up my console tomorrow so will be going forward.

I'll add everyone once I am set up.

You only get one life? Bloody hell that'd annoy me!!

You only get one life? Bloody hell that'd annoy me!!

First to three, in terms of rounds. Each team (5 per team) take it in turns to attack and defend a certain room or location within the map. You have different operators to select and unlock, all with slightly different skillsets and perks (only one member of your team can have an operator at a time - the idea is your team have a variety of skills and capabilities during each round).

The operators could be anything from; a breach charge that will blast through a barricaded wall (Thermite), or a drone which fires off an electric charge (Twitch), or a gun that has an extendable shield to protect your head (Blackbeard) etc etc (there are approx 12 attacking & defensive operators to unlock and they're still releasing new ones).

The environment is totally destructible which makes for the most realistic FPS on any platform, IMO.

The difference between RB6 and COD/BF, is that with the latter two, deaths don't matter. If you die, you re-spawn and go again. With RB6, you die - you're out of the round (which is 4 minutes long). It makes the whole experience so much more rewarding when you win.

Got a copy of the gold edition earlier for £25.

I'll get up to speed with the gamw and then look to get online

Well I'm finally joining the world of Xbox One as of tomorrow. My username is ECT Quirk

Anyone here have any experience with building a desktop PC? I have some worries about my laptop biting the dust soon and I want my next rig to be the real deal without having to pay hand over fist for someone else to glue it together for me.

Anyone here have any experience with building a desktop PC? I have some worries about my laptop biting the dust soon and I want my next rig to be the real deal without having to pay hand over fist for someone else to glue it together for me.
It's pretty easy, only tricky part I found was fixing the heat sink to the CPU - if in doubt watch lots of YouTube videos and do plenty of research on components etc.

Mind, that was a few years ago - I cba these days and just bought a NUC

It's pretty easy, only tricky part I found was fixing the heat sink to the CPU - if in doubt watch lots of YouTube videos and do plenty of research on components etc.

Mind, that was a few years ago - I cba these days and just bought a NUC

I think the trick for me will be anchoring all the components... I don't want a case as they're ugly, restrict cooling, and just too expensive for the utility. Plus, all the components look cool as fuck.

I think the trick for me will be anchoring all the components... I don't want a case as they're ugly, restrict cooling, and just too expensive for the utility. Plus, all the components look cool as $#@!.

my bro built mine and is plannng a new one for himself so happy to ask him anything.

my bro built mine and is plannng a new one for himself so happy to ask him anything.
I suppose the first question would be if he thinks a caseless PC is viable at all!

Cases usually provide the grounding for all the components, doing that safely without a case would be a challenge.

Might be better off looking for a clear case instead?

Cases usually provide the grounding for all the components, doing that safely without a case would be a challenge.

Might be better off looking for a clear case instead?

If a case is necessary than my preference would be function (and cost) over form; I can probably hide an ugly tower easy enough.

Got a copy of the gold edition earlier for £25.

I'll get up to speed with the gamw and then look to get online

Good man. How are you finding it? Play through the Situations - that'll give you a feel for each operator, although annoyingly the frame rate isn't as good as online. Have you added me yet? (Had a couple off here the other day but can't remember who). We'll have to have a few games.

Help needed. I brought an external hard drive for all my Xbox 360 games. Now I put all my games on there and plugged it into my Xbox One, now the Xbox One finds all my games ready to install, but I have them all on my external with all my saves, I cant find the option to play them off the external but there all pending for install. I got the option to format but I dont want to lose everything on my external.

Back