• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Has anybody subscribed to EA Access, seems pretty good for £19.99 a year..
I was, but that was just for FIFA. For the price it's definitely worth getting, the games you can get, not to mention the trials for new titles, makes it worthwhile IMO.

Getting my 9 yr old lad an Xbox for Xmas. He's getting FIFA and Minecraft to go with it, but want to get him one more game. Any age appropriate recommendations please?

Lego as Bear says.

Lego Batman is tremendous. Lego Marvel is absolutely massive and will keep a new gaming young kid going for a while.

Personally, when Micro was 9 we let him loose on Skyrim. It really isn't that bad in terms of gore and there is a massive story element that seems to get appeal to kids as well as adults, but that is personal parental choice really. I still won't let him near GTA or that sort of thing and that won't change until he is 18.

Getting my 9 yr old lad an Xbox for Xmas. He's getting FIFA and Minecraft to go with it, but want to get him one more game. Any age appropriate recommendations please?

Dunno if you saw my post a few pages back but Lego Dimensions is on sale for a stupidly low price at the mo - about 30 notes which is 1/3 of the RRP.

One of the Lego games?

Lego as Bear says.

Lego Batman is tremendous. Lego Marvel is absolutely massive and will keep a new gaming young kid going for a while.

Personally, when Micro was 9 we let him loose on Skyrim. It really isn't that bad in terms of gore and there is a massive story element that seems to get appeal to kids as well as adults, but that is personal parental choice really. I still won't let him near GTA or that sort of thing and that won't change until he is 18.

Dunno if you saw my post a few pages back but Lego Dimensions is on sale for a stupidly low price at the mo - about 30 notes which is 1/3 of the RRP.
Thanks chaps. I'll look into it and buy something Lego.

Many moons ago I bought a play station for the eventually to be Mrs Grouse. It was a shame that the only package available for her included Brian Lara's international cricket. The moral of my tale is that any dad worth his salt should chose at least one title, other than Fifa as that goes without saying, that is for his own benefit. I'm sure that Mrs Towner will believe you when you tell her it was included in the pack that you bought.

Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2
Terraria
A game that all my kids really enjoy playing is Overwatch but that is mainly an online shooter game. Great game.
And all the games mentioned above.

I've been playing Lego Jurassic Park recently with a mate and that is a nice big game. Can't go wrong with dinosaurs with a 9 year old too. Unless he finds them a bit scary. The Marvel one is good too, as are the Batman ones. Depends if he's more into superheroes than dinos.

How brilliant is the Xbox One.... Fifa 17 The Journey is brilliant as well...

Yeah The Journey is pretty cool. It's got bags of potential that the cynic in me just knows is being kept back til FIFA 18!

Im dabbling in Dead Island definitive collection for £12.50... Loved those type of games (Fallout, Skyrim, Borederlands)

If you liked Skyrim, take a look at The Witcher 3.

Is there any chance I could have folks XBox Live usernames. Cant be arsed trawling through here.

I'd add you but I've got a reputation to maintain...

Wanderers89, feel free to send me a request and will accept it next time I jump on.

Some good deals on the Playstation store - FIFA 17 is only £32.99

Just going to make sure there are no better deals tomorrow before I get it

Back