• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

If that really is a new Mario 3D game then they can just hurry up and take my money.

I read that they've announced a new Mario game so that must be it. Just having that and Zelda on the Switch will shift a lot of consoles for them. Looks like a very cool piece of kit, this surely will take them away from the 3DS and stuff though won't it? Why make a handheld console when this is is one as well as being a main console.

Hopefully it won't be a touch screen to keep the price down. I'm crossing my fingers for £200 with a game.

Nothing in the trailer suggested touch screen, hopefully it'll be relatively cheap to tempt people in. I'm certainly intrigued.

We are pleased to announce that PS4 players get first access to earn select online content in the vast open world of Red Dead Redemption 2. Check back on PlayStation.Blog for more details soon and for all of the latest information on Red Dead Redemption 2.
In addition, the PS3 classic Red Dead Redemption will be coming to PlayStation Now soon. Relive the epic story of former outlaw John Marston as he hunts down the gang members he once called friends through the harsh and punishing landscape of America’s dying West.

Looks awesome, I want it. Now.

Edit - the switch, not RDR no idea what that is.

Looks awesome, I want it. Now.

Edit - the switch, not RDR no idea what that is.

You are on the Video Games Thread and don't know what RDR is? Shame on you sir.

I have just watched the 60 second video for RDR2 and although it doesn't show a lot, I am still a little moist.

Ha! Only being facetious. Not my kinda game though tbh.

I'm not sold on the switch, need to see if the specs will hold up against the other players in the console market. It looks like an intriguing idea though....

As for RDR2....ohmygodshutupandtakemymoney!

Yep - got it on Friday. Only played the campaign so far but it's excellent. Feels very polished and looks beautiful.

I don't have XBL set up yet so can't comment on the multiplayer but my mates who have been online say it's awesome.

A few more thoughts on BF1 after a decent go on the single player mode I thought I'd add some more thoughts.

It's really good! The campaign is split into several short stories set in different places over the globe rather than just one long campaign, so you could duck in and out of different places which all have a decent amount of variety.

Really enjoyed the one in the plane high above France - which culminates in you crashing behind enemy lines and having to sneak through the German trenches back to the British side before you engage a German squadron in the skies of London. Aceness.

It looks tremendous - and each little sub section is well paced and doesn't drag on too long. For the standard FPS sections, you can also try different tactics - all guns blazing, sneaking around the enemy, stealthy kills (not dissimilar to Far Cry) so I found much more freedom than a Call of Duty campaign for example.

No Internet at home now for a week so I'll crack on and finish the campaign before I jump into multiplayer once I've got XBL sorted.

Had my first twat on BF1 last night, a couple of rounds of multiplayer (I got mainly pwned) and a level of the campaign. Looks good from first impressions although I much prefer the multiplayer on BF3/4. Doubt I'll plough anywhere near as much time into this as the previous incarnations but still a decent game.

Really enjoyed the one in the plane high above France - which culminates in you crashing behind enemy lines and having to sneak through the German trenches back to the British side before you engage a German squadron in the skies of London. Aceness.

Absolutely loved this. Have played through three of the six campaign stories so far (black betty, the one you describe above, and the Italian team in the Alps).

It's honestly like playing a movie. Visually, possibly the best game I have ever played. You only need to look at the scenery in the very background and the detail in which they have gone in to, to appreciate it.

I'm going to have a whirl on multiplayer for the first time tonight. I find the single player a little unrealistic in terms of how many bullets you can take and the fact your health comes back very quickly, so it'll be interesting to see how online plays out.

It's honestly like playing a movie. Visually, possibly the best game I have ever played. You only need to look at the scenery in the very background and the detail in which they have gone in to, to appreciate it.

Yeah, say what you want about EA but no one can deny that Frostbite is a stunning, stunning engine.

EA are cuntshovels with absolutely abysmal customer service. I'll thank DICE for Frostbite.

Back