• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

I'm tempted to dig it out on my Xbox 360 and give it another go now. Mind you, I should probably finish the Mass Effect 3 game I started about 2 years ago first!
Another of my favourite ever games series. Though I'm still a bit bitter about the lacklustre ending to ME3.

The new ME game due next year should be pretty spectacular.

I never actually got round to finishing ME3 so I can't judge the ending. The missus works a few evenings a week now though so I think I might try and play it again (I'll have to start from the beginning as I haven't played it for almost 2 years). I think RDR, the Mass Effect series and the Fable series are probably 3 of my favourite Xbox games. Weirdly, I never played Skyrim though as it sounds like a game I would love.

Whilst we are discussing Red Dead Redemption, I never knew it was the sequel to Red Dead Revolver. I'd never heard of the original game until this morning.

I loved Fable 2. Got 1000/1000 on that!

One game I must go back to is The Witcher 3 as I've barely touched it. It's awesome but - like any open world game - I think if you neglect it its very hard to get back into it.

I don't play many games during the summer but as the nights draw in the consoles get used more!

Witcher 3 was on my list of games to get back when I had the time to play video games.

Another Rockstar game I really liked was LA Noire. I'd love to see a sequel to that.

Maybe like the top songs thread we need a top video games thread (perhaps not a top 40 though!). I'd have to go right back to my Commodore 64 days for some of those.

I've never played RDR. Maybe I should? Anyone got a PS3 copy knocking around?

I had a discussion with a couple of mates the other day who were jumping head over heels in excitement about a potential new RDR, but same as some above, I remember playing it (very briefly) and not really getting in to it. I found it a bit slow and just didn't take to it. Completely the opposite to another Rockstar game GTA5, which was fantastic and kept me entertained for over a year.

The start of RDR is slow. A fair bit of time spent teaching you the basic skills via missions and building the story. After that the gameplay/storyline is brilliant. The main character is superb.

Like with everything though, not everyone will like it.

Yeah RDR does start slowly but it becomes totally worth it and is perfectly paced.

I'd probably place GTA V just above it (because that was phenomenally good) but there's not many other games that can better it.

LA Noire was cool but not in the same league as GTA/RDR for me. I actually found that a bit restrictive.

RDR 2 out next year

14721733_10154657807124443_4511747796785871628_n.jpg

http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/

Only 12 months to wait fellas.

Only 12 months to wait fellas.

The usual amount of time Rockstar use to fully hype the game up. Got to smash the sales record somehow (and Rockstar don't attend all the big Gaming Expo's to promote. Not many companies can tweet a basic picture of their logo and have people going into a geeky breakdown of excitement)

Nintendo are reportedly unveiling the NX this afternoon.

Quite interested to see what the hell it is as there gave been so many rumours!

I hope it doesn't mean the end of the Wii U because it's a fantastic console that's been appallingly marketed. Criminally underrated.

Well its called Nintendo Switch - and it looks pretty bloody cool!!

Back