• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Rumour mill says it's a HD remaster for Xbox One now, the sequel is another year or so away.
So far the rumour mill on all things Red Dead have been about as accurate as Leon Clarke in a Wolves shirt.

If Rockstar are doing what they normally do with these teasers we'll have a trailer in the next few weeks!

Just went and preordered Battlefield 1. My willpower is weak.

Rockstar have Tweeted this image

Cu5AbBHW8AAKgUx.jpg:large

They did a similar thing before GTA5 was announced when they released a picture of a 5 made up of Dollars. So, looks like this is the start of the Red Dead 2 launch....or they are teasing fuckers.
They've just tweeted something else.....

The more I think about it the more I think it'll be a sequel rather than a remaster.

Isn't RDR backwards compatible? Why do that if they were going to remaster it?

Yep. I have RDR on the One

The last blast of rumours on the game were

- Map will make Skyrim look tiny
- Game will be set 20 years before RDR (to many fans of John Marston apparently)

The latest pic will back up the 20 years before rumour. As Marston was in a gang, one of the first missions on RDR is finding one of the members.

John Marston is one of the best characters ever created for a video game. I really hope that's true!

John Marston is one of the best characters ever created for a video game. I really hope that's true!

Couldn't believe how gutted I was when he died. It's a fooking game FFS but it cut me up

Leaked Map doing the rounds

jpg

The parts from the RDR are in the Middle - Great Plains and Tall Trees. Map backs up the years before as there is no train line in that area

Of course, slight note of caution. Rockstar still hasn't promised anything. This could be a teaser for a new PS4 remaster of Redemption. It may be a new Rockstar Table Tennis. But GTA5 was revealed on 25th October 2011 - five years ago next week.

Last edited:
I haven't played video games for ages (mainly due to the time constraints of being a parent to 2 young children) but I absolutely fucking loved RDR. It's one of my favourite ever games. If a sequel comes out, I'm guessing I'd have to upgrade my Xbox 360 to be able to play it!

Theory of it possibly being a prequel... (off Twitter)

Cu-UQbJWYAESeVw.jpg:large

Am I the only one who played RDR was absolutely bored to tears?

I never actually got very far in RDR but thoroughly enjoyed what I played, I sold my PS3 so I couldn't carry on with it

I can remember playing it quite a bit but don't think I ever got anywhere near to completing it, not sure why I stopped playing it either whether it was boredom or if I just got something new and forgot about it.

I'm tempted to dig it out on my Xbox 360 and give it another go now. Mind you, I should probably finish the Mass Effect 3 game I started about 2 years ago first!

I never bothered with RDR. Not my game, I'd have been bored after 10 mins.

Back