• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Absolutely loved this. Have played through three of the six campaign stories so far (black betty, the one you describe above, and the Italian team in the Alps).

It's honestly like playing a movie. Visually, possibly the best game I have ever played. You only need to look at the scenery in the very background and the detail in which they have gone in to, to appreciate it.

I'm going to have a whirl on multiplayer for the first time tonight. I find the single player a little unrealistic in terms of how many bullets you can take and the fact your health comes back very quickly, so it'll be interesting to see how online plays out.
Did you get to try multiplayer? Thoughts? I'm expecting it to be a bit like Star Wars Battlefront but obviously a tad more realistic and 'rustic'.

I did a few more campaign missions last night - the Italian one and the cool Aussie dude at Gallipoli. Thought the latter went on a bit but after dying loads when trying to be stealthy I went down the 'fuck this - let's just massacre them all as loudly as possible' route.

Just the one campaign left (the desert one) but the air battle is my favourite so far. That was quality.

Is Quantum break any good? Got it free with the xbox, but never played it. Might give it a whirl, unless it's shit.

I bought Battlefield 1 for Micro and it seems to be a tremendous game. He is loving it.

Played the playstation VR at a friend of mine and it is really good but in my opinion not worth the £349 Im gonna wait for a few months and will see how the price drops. (I'll probably get one next week)

Is Quantum break any good? Got it free with the xbox, but never played it. Might give it a whirl, unless it's $#@!.

From what I've read it sort of falls into the trap of feeling like an interactive movie rather than a cinematic game, if that makes sense.

For retro gaming lovers: the mega drive was first released on this day in 1988 (or should this be in Darlo's on this day thread?!)

Ive just added a few of you off here to my PSN. Any others wanna share there Tag?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Cheers for the add. I've accepted. Though dunno if I'll ever go online!

I bought Battlefield 1 for Micro and it seems to be a tremendous game. He is loving it.

Not really doing it for me, I keep going back to BF4. Mind you I only really play multiplayer and BF4 wins hands down in that respect I reckon.

Battlefield 1 (Xbox One)- I really like this, I am getting absolutely smashed on multiplayer but I like the feel the game has to it.

If any of you play on PC and like RTS games I would highly recommend a very old game called Supreme Commander Forged Alliance, really very good game. Don't get the 2nd one its terrible.

Just purchased Stellaris (PC again) supposedly in the mould of Masters of Orion but hellishly complicated so far, will give it more time some of my friends think its amazing.

Tempted by the new Civilization but ideally need to know what others think before I splash out.

Battlefield 1 (Xbox One)- I really like this, I am getting absolutely smashed on multiplayer but I like the feel the game has to it.

If any of you play on PC and like RTS games I would highly recommend a very old game called Supreme Commander Forged Alliance, really very good game. Don't get the 2nd one its terrible.

Just purchased Stellaris (PC again) supposedly in the mould of Masters of Orion but hellishly complicated so far, will give it more time some of my friends think its amazing.

Tempted by the new Civilization but ideally need to know what others think before I splash out.

Buy it. Now. It's worth every penny.

I got Civ 5 a couple of months ago in a bundle. I have absolutely no idea how to play it, even the tutorials confuse me.

I got Civ 5 a couple of months ago in a bundle. I have absolutely no idea how to play it, even the tutorials confuse me.

Think it took me about 200 hours to really know what I was doing. 4x games are never light fare, so can understand if you didn't find incentive to continue.

Civ 6 is probably the most complete feeling vanilla Civ I've played, and if you're a 4x or turn-based strategy fan in general I definitely think $60 (or whatever full price is in pounds) is a worthy price.

I want to get into it as clearly, you don't get that much credibility as a series by accident. But I've never played any of the games before so I really need to set some time aside and burrow into it properly. It isn't something I can just learn how to play in half an hour.

You can help me if you like :D

I have been a fan since the beginning of the Civ series if you have an Xbox there is a heavily dulled down version called Civilisation Revolution that's quite a good place to start.

I haven't played the new one but the game in general is pretty epic.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I always found it fairly easy to pick up, obviously a lot to master if you really want to put together a proper strategy to it but I usually just try to expand my empire as quickly and as much as possible whilst keeping my nose clean, then look to hammer on with lots of research so I can crush my enemies with superior technology and weight of numbers.

I want to get into it as clearly, you don't get that much credibility as a series by accident. But I've never played any of the games before so I really need to set some time aside and burrow into it properly. It isn't something I can just learn how to play in half an hour.

You can help me if you like :D

That's a big task, but I'm always willing to flex my nerd muscles.

only seeing one of you on FIFA, is everyone over it at this point?

forgot there was a video game thread... as I mentioned in the FM one, I don't know who most of these Wolves are. :run: been awhile since I've checked in.

Back