• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Nintendo are probably cracking down so much on emulations etc as they have a retro console coming out soon

Nintendo are going back to cartridges. Presumably because they hate piracy more than anyone. You're still not allowed to own any of their game ROMs for emulators, even the very oldest stuff.

The problem in general with all entertainment products is that you're not allowed to copy the product or back it up because of "piracy laws".

Nintendo recently stopped a remake of the original Zelda because they're massive dickheads. I'm surprised they haven't tried to sue all the Mario 64 rom hack creators.

Still play the PS3 and have over 100 games, Flasing all the way ;)

Trying to download the FIFA and PES demos is proving painful.

My PS4 is only getting a download speed of 24kbps from BT Infinity! Wifi signal is pretty strong but it's just fucking woeful, takes about 10 minutes jut to open the PS store then as soon as you click on a link to anything you're just stuck in an endless cycle of loading.

The FIFA demo is bloody gorgeous, and the story mode hooked me more than I thought possible. I was utterly riveted, even in just the short moments the demo gives you.

Do any of you lot pay attention to the reviews games get from publishers like IGN?

Might pop out and buy PES at lunchtime, didn't realise it had already been released but much preferred it to FIFA from the demo's, much quicker and a lot less fussy. They seem to have tried to make FIFA much more complicated since the day when I would've religiously bought both games, I want something I can just stick on for 20-30 minutes and have a laugh with rather having to spend loads of time mastering the subtle extra controls, PES wins out with it's simplicity for me.

Back