• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Johnson FFS... I remember being excited about him joining us from Small Heath.

He's a 70 this year

70?!?!?! Well that's strengthened my resolve to avoid buying EA games! There is no way he is that good a defender.

Picked up an Xbox One S with FIFA 17 from Tesco for £199.

Not really much of a gamer but was too cheap to resist :)

Picked up an Xbox One S with FIFA 17 from Tesco for £199.

Not really much of a gamer but was too cheap to resist :)

Didn't think Fifa was out yet... still that's a hell of a steal.

It's available on EA Access now. Well, 10 hours gameplay anyway.

Yep it's a code to download it.

I got PES last year and enjoyed it a lot, probably going back to Fifa this time as I miss the extra elements of realism and quite fancy getting into ultimate team. I figure if I ever fancy a change I have last years pro evo to go back to.

I'll have to tear myself away from F1 2016 though, I'm rather addicted.

I'm already biting my nails in anticipation for FIFA to officially release. I'm absolutely addicted to FUT and I'm ready to get started on my African sides!

PES has always felt weirdly robotic to me. People complain about FIFA feeling like it's on rails and plays itself, but I've always felt that much more with PES.

Dunno, after the move from PS2/Xbox/Dreamcast/Gamecube to 360/PS3/etc I guess I've just gotten so used to the FIFA style.

The only restraint I can think of with PES was that they were slower than FIFA in moving away from limited directions of running.

I think it's always felt a lot looser and more urgent than FIFA though, it's always been a far simpler game in my eyes that just lets you do your own thing without thinking about it too much.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

PES has always felt weirdly robotic to me. People complain about FIFA feeling like it's on rails and plays itself, but I've always felt that much more with PES.

Dunno, after the move from PS2/Xbox/Dreamcast/Gamecube to 360/PS3/etc I guess I've just gotten so used to the FIFA style.

I downloaded the PES16 demo last year - roboticness was exactly what I thought about it! (And crap graphics). Really disappointed as I was hoping it would have been class.

I found PES a lot easier to score than FIFA, even on the harder difficulties the keepers are pretty useless. The mode where you play as one player is much better on PES though

Definitely FIFA again for me. PES is great BUT playing Man Red v Man Blue when it's 2016 is just ludicrous.

FIFA isn't a bad game - it plays well, it's addictive enough and it's a very decent football gaming experience so with all the presentation and licenses available to it, it's a complete no brainer for me.

No point in buying both. FIFA for me and it's just not going to change unless the licensing is shared (which it obviously won't) or FIFA becomes poor to play (which I very much doubt will happen either).

The license thing is no bother these days, easy enough to download an option file with all the editing done and transfer it to your console with a USB.

Usually some obsessive fan somewhere churns one out pretty soon after release so you don't have to put up with silly names for long.

The license thing is no bother these days, easy enough to download an option file with all the editing done and transfer it to your console with a USB.

Usually some obsessive fan somewhere churns one out pretty soon after release so you don't have to put up with silly names for long.

You can't change the league setup etc that way though.

You can't change the league setup etc that way though.
What's wrong with the league setup?

Fair enough there's not the depth of FIFA but they do have some linked leagues now like PL/Championship.

Back