• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Did anyone try Battlefield 1 beta then? Thoughts?

I liked it, would have hoped for one more map because for me it got boring playing the same map.

But on the whole, I think it will be the best battlefield yet.

I'm thoroughly enjoying F1 2016 at the moment, the new career mode is really good

I liked it, would have hoped for one more map because for me it got boring playing the same map.

But on the whole, I think it will be the best battlefield yet.

Agree with that, but from what I have seen, it looks like it'll be great fun.

From a personal point of view, I've never been a huge sniper fan. I like the hustle & bustle of an assault rifle - but for some reason on the beta for BF1 I found myself constantly using a sniper rifle. Got some lovely kills from what seemed miles away.

Probably because that map is massive in both game modes. You will use the assault rifle in more enclosed city maps and team death match modes.

Ps4 slim announced for £249 and the Ps4 Pro for £349.

4k support for the Ps4 Pro, though no blu ray 4k.

Last edited:
Ps4 slim announced for £249 and the Ps4 Pro for £349.

4k support for the Ps4 Pro, though no blu ray 4k.

The fact it doesnt support 4k Bluray is a poor decision from Sony and the Ps4 will have a hdr upscaling via an update anyways so all you're buying is a slightly faster console.

How much could I pick up and old school PS4 for now then?

How much could I pick up and old school PS4 for now then?

As of today there is probably no price change, but I would envisage a drop in the second hand market in the next 6-8 months. Though I'm not sure on the slim/pro release dates.

As for the blu ray 4k, it would probably have pushed the PS4 pro into the cost of a pc rig, which it couldn't compete with. Also, imo, blu ray is a dead end tech.

PS4 Slim is out 16th September and the PS4 Pro is out 10th November.

The Crew and all dlc is going to be free for a limited time on PC from 14th September.

Ubisoft Club. Don't think you need any games to set an account up. They'll run through Uplay. Annoyingly I only found out about it last week, so I got Rayman Origins but missed out on Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell.

Tropico 4 is free for the next 24 hours too if you set up an account with Humble Bundle.

The fact it doesnt support 4k Bluray is a poor decision from Sony and the Ps4 will have a hdr upscaling via an update anyways so all you're buying is a slightly faster console.
Upscaling doesn't match the real thing, though.

As for Bluray, disc drives in general are becoming obsolete. The next generation of consoles likely won't have any. Even high end PCs are mostly doing away with them.

FIFA17 demo out on September 13th (Tuesday) across all platforms.

I was lucky enough to have a whirl on it at Insomnia the other week and it was good fun. Seemed to play a little slow and clunky which took a while to get used to.

Upscaling doesn't match the real thing, though.

As for Bluray, disc drives in general are becoming obsolete. The next generation of consoles likely won't have any. Even high end PCs are mostly doing away with them.

My personal opinion would be for developers to use cartridges instead of discs because as time passes they'll get better and still be compatiable. Sort of like the Vita but not as poorly as the vita

Nintendo are going back to cartridges. Presumably because they hate piracy more than anyone. You're still not allowed to own any of their game ROMs for emulators, even the very oldest stuff.

Nintendo are going back to cartridges. Presumably because they hate piracy more than anyone. You're still not allowed to own any of their game ROMs for emulators, even the very oldest stuff.

I'll never forget the day they raided the ROM sites and pulled all of their affiliated files. Lucky for me, I already had the ones I needed (anything with Pokemon or Metroid in the name).

Back