• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

I liked some of what I read about The Division but there was enough in there to put me off too.

Think it looked great aesthetically and I do like the idea of going into the 'dark zones' or whatever they called them to try and get hold of better weapons, but that whole process looks like it could be a pain in the arse unless you build up good relationships with people as other agents can 'go rogue' and steal your shit while you're in there.

The overall storyline just seems wank as well, you're a sleeper agent called into service following some deadly virus, how the fuck is running round killing a load of people supposed to help restore civilization?!

Think Ghost Recon looks the pick of the new Tom Clancy games for me.

Have you tried Rainbox Six, Mark? My favourite game at the moment - but you need to go on with mates or it's rubbish.

I have not, still yet to get myself a PS4 so not even an option, though it doesn't really look to my tastes. All that online, tactical, emphasis just doesn't appeal me, I want to be able to just pick it up at will and fuck around at my own pace, which hopefully Ghost Recon will be more forgiving with as it's open world and supposedly allows you to tackle the missions however you see fit.

For some reason I've never managed to get on with games that try to force a patient, tactical, often stealthy approach to playing, like the old Splinter Cell games and that sniper level on Modern Warfare that everyone else jizzed their pants about, even though given free reign I do tend to lean that way more often than not, was always sneaking about with my bow and arrows on Skyrim.

I'm very excited for the division, I think it looks amazing! My worry is that it like Destiny though, I thought that was boring, I dislike the way it's meant to be a global conflict but the enemies mill around on their set paths waiting for you to come kill them.

Good news! My son's new Disney Infinity figures have arrived! (Wreck-It-Ralph and Vanelope in one set, The Rise of the Empire playset with Luke and Leia in the other)

Bad news! I won't see my son til Tuesday.

I really want to open them, but I fear that would be a tad harsh on him. But they look like such fun! I'm 35 years old and having dilemmas about opening my 7 year old son's toys. FFS.

I don't have any comics. I would say I grew out of them but my previous post on this thread would contradict that.

You never grow out of comics. Pffttt. Bar things like the Beano.

Marvel are still brilliant. And things like Walking Dead and the Watchmen are very cool and very adult.

Good news! My son's new Disney Infinity figures have arrived! (Wreck-It-Ralph and Vanelope in one set, The Rise of the Empire playset with Luke and Leia in the other)

I ordered the Lego Hobbit earlier in the week on the pretext that it was for my son, I took my mental resolve not to open it without him last night so to wait the whole weekend, you have my sympathy.

Let us know what the Rise of the Empire Playset is like, thinking of getting the Force Awakens one.

My brother and I had the Dandy and the Beano and I think they're all still in my parents' loft.

So I'll stick to the plastic Disney/Star Wars figures for now.

I ordered the Lego Hobbit earlier in the week on the pretext that it was for my son, I took my mental resolve not to open it without him last night so to wait the whole weekend, you have my sympathy.

Let us know what the Rise of the Empire Playset is like, thinking of getting the Force Awakens one.

Will do sir.

I've got plenty of Lego games - they're brilliant! I also have to admit to sneaking a go on the kids' Wii U games. One awesome aspect of it is that you can play without needing the telly, so I can stick the footy on whilst playing on Mario 3D World or Mario Kart etc.

Cool, the Inside Out playset is also on the list - I got the DVD for Xmas and really enjoyed it along with the oldest

I've played the lego Star wars on the ipad and they were pretty addictive, so I reckon this should be ok.

I'm trying to steer him towards Tolkien as I enjoyed it so much growing up (brain washing) It managed to work with Transformers & Star wars - I'm still plugging away with his sporting allegiances but theres time there yet as he's not too fussed about sport yet.

Last edited:
I still love the Lego games. Buckets of playability and fun. They just never get old. I was sad enough to find out the code from the box of the big lego pirates set in order to get the final character for 100% completion on Pirates of the Caribbean.

They're great. I managed to grab Lego Batman 3 for a fiver just before Christmas.

Disney Infinity is a similar sort of 'addictively collect shitloads' sort of game too.

Their playability just makes you want to go for 100% completion as well. Very clever games. Amazingly, micro says he has grown out of them. I will keep playing them and he can get on with Just Cause 3 or Dead Space or something like that.

My middle son had the Lego Dimensions starter pack and others for the Xbox One for Xmas. You build the things aswel as playing the characters in the game. He'll play happily with just the figures that come with the games too.

I think that the way it works is that for each new figure you buy it opens up a new section of the game. The Xbox game itself hasn't had much use since they got the Star Wars battlefront game though.

I've got Lego Star Wars, Harry Potter and Pirates of the Caribbean on PSP. Perfect for a quick half hour blast.

My middle son had the Lego Dimensions starter pack and others for the Xbox One for Xmas. You build the things aswel as playing the characters in the game. He'll play happily with just the figures that come with the games too.

I think that the way it works is that for each new figure you buy it opens up a new section of the game. The Xbox game itself hasn't had much use since they got the Star Wars battlefront game though.

We looked at that as he does like playing lego, but we went for the infinity as he is Star Wars mad and that was the tie up - also I think the Lego Dimensions was quite a bit pricier.

I do like Lego in itself, and its good that he's an interest in it - its good for the young mind I think, as well as my own.

Looking forward to getting back home and putting it on the PS4 for 'him' the weekend now.

Back