• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Just started Fallout 4. Not sure what I'm doing yet, but c'est la vie!

I am such a Fallout fan. My advice is just explore, don't be in a rush to to the main mission and expect to still be finding new things in 12 months time.

Just under £280. Couldn't really find a bargain and I also wanted one of the new models.
I didn't fancy any of the games in the bundles but I had money on my Game card which let me get the two Games I really wanted for 'free'.

I'm sure I could of got a better deal somewhere but I have hung on for a few months before I purchased and like any 58 year old gamer, I couldn't hold on any longer!!

Did you go for 500GB or 1TB?

I can't see me any having that many games going on simultaneously that I'd need the 1TB.

I missed a decent deal on Black Friday, think it was around £250 for a 500GB console with 3 games but I didn't really care for any of the games and then the deal had gone by the time I changed my mind, then I think it was Game the other day were doing the pre-bundled 500GB consoles with either Star Wars, COD or Uncharted for £235 but again I dragged my feet and missed out.

The only game I can really say I want is Just Cause though in all honesty, Fallout 4 really drew me in at first but now I'm not sure I'd be that bothered, really couldn't get into New Vegas previously despite loving Skyrim. Think I'm destined to skirt around endlessly looking for that great deal that doesn't exist, not really likely to be drawn into anything on impulse until there are more games I'm desperate to play.

Just started Fallout 4. Not sure what I'm doing yet, but c'est la vie!

It takes a few hours to get into it tbh. Worth doing some of the Minutemen missions to help get the controls. It's excellent once you get into it!

I am such a Fallout fan. My advice is just explore, don't be in a rush to to the main mission and expect to still be finding new things in 12 months time.

Thanks HW. I'll be in no rush except my nephews will be hassling me. It's not so much deferring the main mission, it's the levelling and perk strategy that I want to get used to. I took several days on skyrim getting my stealth over 90 before doing anything :)

I can't see me any having that many games going on simultaneously that I'd need the 1TB.

I missed a decent deal on Black Friday, think it was around £250 for a 500GB console with 3 games but I didn't really care for any of the games and then the deal had gone by the time I changed my mind, then I think it was Game the other day were doing the pre-bundled 500GB consoles with either Star Wars, COD or Uncharted for £235 but again I dragged my feet and missed out.

The only game I can really say I want is Just Cause though in all honesty, Fallout 4 really drew me in at first but now I'm not sure I'd be that bothered, really couldn't get into New Vegas previously despite loving Skyrim. Think I'm destined to skirt around endlessly looking for that great deal that doesn't exist, not really likely to be drawn into anything on impulse until there are more games I'm desperate to play.

I spent ages waiting for a good deal, in the end I bit the bullet and got one for £280 with Arkham Knight. I've still not seen many amazing deals tbh.

Fallout 4 is far better than New Vegas, but maybe not quite as good as Skyrim (but I prefer the fantasy aspect of Skyrim over the futuristic apocalypse of the fallout world).

That was my big problem, but I thought it through like this. I wanted the new model but you can't get it in the 1TB version. I don't play hundreds of games...I'm really fussy. So I'm guessing I'll only have 2 or 3 on the go at any one time so the 500GB won't be a problem. Also, if I ever wanted to increase the memory, I am told it is a ten minute job and very easy.

I'm spending half my time on the marvellous Mario Kart 8 with the kids, then back on Battlefront once they're in bed.

I never expected to be this hooked on Battlefront but it's just fabulous fun. I managed to bring down a AT-AT using a toe cable a few weeks back. Probably the highlight of my Christmas break TBH. I did a fist pump.

That was my big problem, but I thought it through like this. I wanted the new model but you can't get it in the 1TB version. I don't play hundreds of games...I'm really fussy. So I'm guessing I'll only have 2 or 3 on the go at any one time so the 500GB won't be a problem. Also, if I ever wanted to increase the memory, I am told it is a ten minute job and very easy.

Dunno if it's the same with the PS4 but sticking a 1TB HDD into a USB in my XB1 was dead simple, I had all that extra storage in minutes. And I've needed that space with the games I've got.

Still absolutely loving Rainbow Six Seige.

Got my 2tb hard drive in full swing and back on Live, got a couple of free games including Dirt Showdown. The drive is brilliant and gives me another go at gaming. Currently playing Dishonoured which is fantastic and the Arcade game Alan Wake Nightmares... I now have around 25 arcade games to go through and 35 disc games. Looks like my 360 still has a good year left in it before I update to the Xbox One next year.

Anyone ever had trouble updating the older xbox one controllers?

Havent done it before due to people saying the joystick sticks to the left after doing it but got some turtle beach headphones and the controller has to be updated to work the adapter for the headset.
Tried updating with headset attached and unattached to controller with batteries in and batteries out with xbox off /on but none work.

The controller is attached via usb and works that way without batteries but when i select update controller it says "no usb cable attached" ???
Tried a few usb cables but all get the same response.

very annoying.

Last xbox one controller died after 3 months, just wouldnt power on.

Got Mini Langers Disney Infinity 3.0 for his birthday - probably the most pleasant surprise in gaming in years. Didn't expect much from it at all - thought it'd be a schmaltz overload disguised as a Minecraft wannabe but it's top fun, and most importantly, both my kids can sit down and enjoy it together.

Got Mini Langers Disney Infinity 3.0 for his birthday - probably the most pleasant surprise in gaming in years. Didn't expect much from it at all - thought it'd be a schmaltz overload disguised as a Minecraft wannabe but it's top fun, and most importantly, both my kids can sit down and enjoy it together.

I've been playing my kid's star wars Disney infinity a bit with them too - really good game

I've been playing my kid's star wars Disney infinity a bit with them too - really good game

They're not very good at the story modes so I have the task of completing those so they unlock more things in the toybox mode - fine by me!!

It's extremely polished, and it actually plays really well.

They're not very good at the story modes so I have the task of completing those so they unlock more things in the toybox mode - fine by me!!

It's extremely polished, and it actually plays really well.

Mine are Star Wars are obsessed, so only let me try if they are really stuck.

Only downside to the game is that you can only have 2 players.

Mine are Star Wars are obsessed, so only let me try if they are really stuck.

Only downside to the game is that you can only have 2 players.

Mine aren't as Star Wars obsessed as me. Yet!

Episode 6 of our podcast is out, should anyone here actually listen to it. In a few weeks we are recording a football game special too should anyone be interested. Me and a mate of mine are going to play a match against each other on 16 different footy games, so feel free to suggest any you think we should play!

Episode 6 now out 17th Jan - The Invert awakens

Invert Y gaming podcast - the only way to play, news, chat and challenges, by gamers, for gamers.

http://invertypodcast.podomatic.com or Invert Y on iTunes

Back