• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Witcher 3 is a superb game. Apparently 2 is very good as well but combat is supposed to be brutally difficult.

I prefer 2 to 3, actually.

As Paddy says the combat early on is absolutely brutal, so be prepared to get Dark Souls levels of frustrated.

Bear in mind I am no great lover of dragons and warlocks etc.

I can only comment on my experiences with Witcher 3, but if you don't like dragons, sorcery, Skyrim-style stuff, I don't think it's worth bothering with.

I've got Skyrim but I've barely touched it (3 hours play I think and I bought it nearly two years ago) and can't really see why it got rave reviews based on what I have played, Just Cause 2 is a much more satisfying open world experience.

I've decided I'm definitely going to give Fallout 4 a try. Even though I didn't play enough of Fallout 3 to really get into it. I'm very inconsistent like that - I hardly touched Oblivion yet adored Skyrim. Just about getting past the first few hours and engaging yourself in the world I guess.

There are far too many games coming out between now and Christmas that look brilliant:

Fallout 4
FIFA 16
Star Wars Battlefront
Tomb Raider
Halo 5
Assassins Creed Syndicate

I've got Skyrim but I've barely touched it (3 hours play I think and I bought it nearly two years ago) and can't really see why it got rave reviews based on what I have played, Just Cause 2 is a much more satisfying open world experience.

This is my experience as well, but mostly because I find games with that much "freedom" to be utterly boring.

TW2 is great because despite happening in a very DnD world, it's still driven by the character conflicts. Think of the dragons and warlocks and shit as ornaments on a very full and healthy Christmas tree.

It's going to affect my street cred if I start playing Dungeons and Dragons type games. Before you know it you're growing a beard, commenting on how zesty an ale is and listening to Elbow.

Whoa whoa whoa - Langers doesn't coment on zestiness...

It's going to affect my street cred if I start playing Dungeons and Dragons type games. Before you know it you're growing a beard, commenting on how zesty an ale is and listening to Elbow.

Shame, you remind me of Geralt quite a bit. :icon_wink:

Meh - totally uncool and proud. They all make me happy.

I'll let the beard go, just about. Elbow are on a rung between Gomez and Starsailor. And dragon video games are the same as dragon TV programmes (other than Dragon's Den who, to be fair, are a mixed bag)

I'll let the beard go, just about. Elbow are on a rung between Gomez and Starsailor. And dragon video games are the same as dragon TV programmes (other than Dragon's Den who, to be fair, are a mixed bag)

I played you a few of their tracks a year or so ago and you liked them.

I know, I've tried the albums out in full since though and it does nothing for me. His voice grates a bit after a while as well. I mean Gomez are objectively terrible but their biggest hit >>> Elbow's biggest hit.

Fair enough. I love Elbow. They're great. Gomez are good too. Each to their own, but I shall continue being uncool.

I know, I've tried the albums out in full since though and it does nothing for me. His voice grates a bit after a while as well. I mean Gomez are objectively terrible but their biggest hit >>> Elbow's biggest hit.

Still not biting. You're wrong, btw, but still not engaging....

Still not biting. You're wrong, btw, but still not engaging....

Just reassure yourself that this man also likes the Smith's.

I'm sans beard but I'm with Langers and the uncool kids.

When Elbow and Gomez influence musicians 30 years after their last album we can talk.

Back