• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Tomb Raider (the reboot) is part of Xbox Live's Games with Gold next month. Excellent news - I played it on the 360 and thought it was brilliant (the nearest thing the 360 has to Uncharted - although never quite hitting the heights of that series) so I'll be glad to download it for free for my Xbox One, to refresh my memory ready for the sequel that's out in November.

Played about 2 hours of Until Dawn; wow! What a game!

Plenty of scares so far and such a feeling of tension.

The facial animation and graphics looks insanely good on that game.

I got 'Dying Light' on PS4 for £20 (pre-owned from Game) the other day. Only played a couple of hours so far but it's impressive.

Will get the new MGS in a month or two when I've played the previous one (again got this pre-owned for about £8 from Game but haven't got around to starting it yet). Next purchase for me will be the new FIFA and then, Rainbow Six when that eventually comes out.

Was surprised by how much I am enjoying the new PES demo!

The facial animation and graphics looks insanely good on that game.

The graphics are amazing! Just finished a play through - it was an amazing experience, very scary in parts!

Highly recommended for PS4 owners (if not a must play!)

Motorsport Manager on the ipad. In theory sounds deadly dull but it really is quite soothing watching dots around a race track.

I downloaded the demo level as it was free on XBL last month - I've never played a MGS game before and I just don't think it's my thing. I guess I need to give it more of a chance but I've far too many games that I've hardly touched as it is.

Metal Gear games are too much like watching a mediocre film for me. Give me some action, not cut scene after cut scene.

Yeah, the reviews have been out of this world, as you say HW. A few of my friends have it and they have literally been spunking themselves silly over it. The first Metal Gear Solid on PS1 is still one of my all time favourite games. By the sounds of it, you can essentially do anything you want on this one.

I will pick it up once I've got through the majority of Dying Light.

No idea how long this video will stay up for but wow - this looks fun!!!

Due to worsening problems with my back, I am giving up PC gaming and moving to console.

Luckily, my short list for PS4 purchases include games with literally 100's of hours of gaming goodness.

So far I'm thinking:-

Witcher 3
Fallout 4
Deus Ex - Mankind Divided
Metal Gear Solid V
Dragon Age Inquisition
Far Cry 4
Shadow of Mordor

I know some of them aren't out yet, but I reckon that lot should keep me going until 2020!

Any thoughts on the above or other suggestions would be gratefully received.

Due to worsening problems with my back, I am giving up PC gaming and moving to console.

Luckily, my short list for PS4 purchases include games with literally 100's of hours of gaming goodness.

So far I'm thinking:-

Witcher 3
Fallout 4
Deus Ex - Mankind Divided
Metal Gear Solid V
Dragon Age Inquisition
Far Cry 4
Shadow of Mordor

I know some of them aren't out yet, but I reckon that lot should keep me going until 2020!

Any thoughts on the above or other suggestions would be gratefully received.

Witcher 3 is JUST your kind of game. I must go back to it - I've barely been on my XB1 recently. And Shadow of Mordor is brilliant.

Back