• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

I used to play warhammer when I was at school. I liked the way you had vast armies compared to 40k. Is the new warhammer changing to small armies like 40k?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Finished Halo: CE on Master Chief Collection so I started Halo 2 last night. Such a massive improvement over the original which was pretty bloody impressive in its own right.

It's vastly superior to any of the campaigns in any Call of Duty game - obviously the visuals etc have been enhanced for the XB1 but the level design, plot, everything still stands up well despite the original being released for the original Xbox some 11 years ago.

Master Chief Collection is proving to be quite a bargain - I'm getting a lot of enjoyment from it.

Bought a gaming laptop today. Don't spend much time on my Xone any more and can see myself giving it to my son.

Bought a gaming laptop today. Don't spend much time on my Xone any more and can see myself giving it to my son.

That's really funny....I am slowly changing from being a PC gamer to a console player...mainly because I have a really bad lower back condition and sitting watching a 50" TV is so much easier for me than sitting at a desk.
I will be buying a Steam Link....http://store.steampowered.com/app/353380/......because I have so many games on Steam.

But it may be a PS4 for me in the future. Which is fine...Witcher 3, Fallout 4 and Elder Scrolls VI will do it for me! I wouldn't have time for anything else!

What did you get matey? There was a good deal on at PC World for an ASUS one for £650. Only had a GTX 860m, but it's still a great price.

What did you get matey? There was a good deal on at PC World for an ASUS one for £650. Only had a GTX 860m, but it's still a great price.

MSI GE70. Good reviews from what I've read. Should be here tomorrow. Already bought the Valve complete pack.

Looks good mate. I think the current mobile GPUs are very efficient and utilise the cpu power very effectively. The MSI's are nice and slim too, which isn't necessarily the norm with gaming machines.
I couldn't justify the cost of one myself so I'm a bit jealous atm :D

I haven't got the room for a big rig. Plus my son is starting to get into pc gaming and he can have my laptop which is very efficient. His favourite game is Team Fortress 2

Laptop is at home waiting for me. Going to have a blast on counter strike tonight. Going to be weird moving with keys and not analog sticks.

You got a mouse to use?

Apparently mouse and keyboard is the indisputable way to go for first person shooters but I am pretty poor at them whatever I use, and there's no way clicking a mouse button is as satisfying as a trigger.

I need a controller anyway for all my driving games.

xBox controller works seemlesy for PC games (providing the game supports it, whcih they pretty much all do).

For an FPS it HAS to be mouse and keyboard.

You can use Xpadder for games that don't support it properly.

Doesn't affect me with FPS games really, I own very few and I can't imagine a worse use of my spare time than playing Battlefield against dorks who spend 19 hours a day on the game.

I really hate using a mouse/keyboard for gaming - always have done. I'm much more comfortable with a controller in my hand.

Depends on the game. Playing a RTS, MMORPG or any FPS that wasn't Timesplitters is better with a mouse and keyboard imo.

Even Doom on the Playstation which I still absolutely to this day, is better on a PC.

Championship/Football Manager fair enough. Otherwise it has to be a controller for me.

Nah, I can't play Call of Duty or games like that with a controller. My aim is all over the place.

A lot of PC games are now console ports (GTA V, Batman, Witcher etc), so controller is best for them.

Something like Command and Conquer would be better with a mouse, a SimCity kind of game too. And probably Xcom when I get round to installing that (I've only owned it for about nine months). Absolutely fuck playing F1 on a keyboard :icon_lol:

Nah, I can't play Call of Duty or games like that with a controller. My aim is all over the place.

Are you sure that's not just because you're not very good at them?

Is Witcher 2 worth installing? I got it for free ages ago (legally) but my old laptop wouldn't have run it very well, my new one will. Bear in mind I am no great lover of dragons and warlocks etc.

Back