• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

I have the worst luck with dice. I once lost a full squad of Chaos termies to one Basilisk shell!

I feel your pain, I don't think my Ork army ever fired a weapon without a misfire/weapon blowing up!

Indeed, especially these days as there's so much variety. Trouble is, whilst I rarely have an afternoon to set aside for a battle, I can always find time for a mission or two on my mobile.

How long ago was it when you last had a game?

Ouch. That's quite a whiff given Earthshakers are AP3. Still it happens...

Do you still collect, battle, etc?

There's actually a GW Thread but no one really cared for it.

A few years ago sadly! My main table top is napoleonics or renaissance

Arkham Knight is just top quality throughout - from the main campaign mode to the many side quests, it's just a brilliant game. It's thoroughly satisfying to jump through the window of a massive airship and kick a goon in the head before taking out his fellow goons one by one. Never seems to get old.

The only minor gripe is some of the driving sections that get slightly tedious when you're set upon by enemy tank almost constantly. It just doesn't feel very Batman-like to me. Having said that, I once got a bit bored of the tank battles so drove away with afterburners at full pelt before ejecting from the Batmobile, flying for what seemed like miles before crashing through a window into another seamless punch up to rescue a fireman.

This might be one of those games that I try to get 100% on simply to get as much play from it as possible. Love it.

Downloaded Rocket League after my Plus Subscription was renewed... it's alright.

The Evil Within.... Christ it's tense! I've just had to have a toilet break after bumping into the chainsaw wielding maniac and a bunch of his mates in a barn.

The new "helpless protagonist" wave in survival horror is too much for me. I can only play games like that in 15 minutes spurts.

Phew. Just finished chapter 3.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/this-is-now-the-most-requested-game-for-xbox-one-b/1100-6429102/

Interesting list - I was thinking about games I'd like to see be included on the backwards compatible list. I'd like to go back through the CoD: World at War campaign mode as I've been reading about the war in the pacific recently, and I think Peleliu and Okinawa feature on it.

Otherwise, Lego games, my old Guitar Hero titles (with the controller working, obvs) and my Mega Drive Collection game would be marvellous.

Warhammer 40K is just so much more fun on a table top!

I'm thinking of getting into a bit of WH with my son, but I don't know much about it or where to start. Is there any kind of beginner or complete box set for 40K or The Hobbit, or even just the vanilla version?

Cool, thanks a lot :)

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM or post stuff here.

Of the two, I'd recommend Warhammer 40000 as it's not only more popular but Age of Sigmar is a brand new version of Warhammer fantasy and thus, that game system is in transition at the moment. Also, don't buy from GW, use a third party website like http://www.darksphere.co.uk/ as it will save you a lot of cash.

This is a first - I've been outgeeked on the video games thread of all things.

To get this back on thread a touch -

What do people think of the upcoming Total War: Warhammer?

IMO it looks great but I'm not sure how it will play on a console platform?

Also the new Bloodbowl (also a GW product if you were wondering!) looks pretty fun

The main concern is that GW are "whoring" their IP out to pretty much anyone. That said, Total War: Warhammer should prove to be a good addition to the Total War series.

My issue with TW:W is that we already have it. Warhammer: Mark of Chaos was a damn good game.

And really, who wants to play as the Vampire Counts?? Bizarre faction choice, IMO.

Back