• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

I'd rather a developer spend 100% of resources on single player or multiplayer rather than split time between the two.

I'd rather developers didn't alienate a large percentage of gamers who aren't interested in online multiplayer shenanigans.

That's not really the spirit of the thread though is it, a chunk of people don't care about what warlocks and goblins there are in the Witcher but no-one's obliged to start a separate thread for all that.

Sorry if anybody was offended - it was just a thought.

Me? I'm happy to discuss anything tech related and goblins in the same sentence! :nod:

Anyone playing Elder Scolls Online?

I am slightly tempted, but I don't like MMO's. In fact I don't like playing with other people full stop!
Also, I'm still playing Skyrim & Oblivion and still finding new things every day despite thousands of hours in those games.
Plus Fallout 4 will be released soon and that will take over my life.
Plus I'm still playing GTAV.
Plus I haven't even started Dragon's Dogma.

Had a go on wolfenstein new order yesterday and found it quite fun! The story is surprisingly good and it has some nostalgic touches that remind me if the very first one! Not bad for £13!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Upgraded some components in my PC. Pentium G3258 (OC'd to 4.3ghz), MSI Z97 motherboard and 8Gb Hyper Fury RAM all for less than £150. Can happily run things like Sleeping Dogs, Far Cry 3 and Evil Within at about 50-60 fps. Just waiting for my new 24" 1080p monitor. Happy days.

Jesus Christ, Will, that CPU will last you for years!

Micro completed the main story on watch_dogs today. That is a really cool plotline.

Jesus Christ, Will, that CPU will last you for years!

You taking the piss? :D

I'll get a couple of years out of it, but the Z97 gives me a good platform to move to an i5/i7 if I start needing quad core more and more.

Doi, forgot about cores. That clock speed had me blinded!

Micro completed the main story on watch_dogs today. That is a really cool plotline.

Got that for the PS3 a little while ago but not even taken it out of it's cellophane yet! Wanted to finish Last of Us first but I rarely even switch the PS3 on anymore.

Newer games need quad core nowadays. Some won't even run properly on duo cores.

Had a go on wolfenstein new order yesterday and found it quite fun! The story is surprisingly good and it has some nostalgic touches that remind me if the very first one! Not bad for £13!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Good man. Been playing this a lot too - you on PS4?

Newer games need quad core nowadays. Some won't even run properly on duo cores.

Yeah, that was my concern. You can get hacks to trick games into thinking you have 4 cores. Tbh, my gpu won't run brand new high spec titles anyway so all of that won't be a concern until I'm in a position to do another upgrade (2-3 years).

You taking the piss? :D

I'll get a couple of years out of it, but the Z97 gives me a good platform to move to an i5/i7 if I start needing quad core more and more.

You can pick up a good i5 4 series for less than £200 or i7 for sub £300 when you need to. My work machine is fitted with an i7 and it's the nuts.

Back