• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Yep I have an i7 and they're the shit.

No doubting it, but to upgrade mb, cpu and ram for £150 and get the performance increase I have is very satisfying.

Micro completed the main story on watch_dogs today. That is a really cool plotline.

It was a fucking awful game! The only redeeming thing about that game is I've traded it in for a decent deal on a ps4!

I paid full wack for it and couldn't even bring myself to grind through it to justify my money. It makes me angry just thinking about playing it!

Got Arkham Knight yesterday - wow. WHAT a game. Think of all the coolest moments in the Arkham series, then add more features, slicker graphics, brilliant extra fighting moves and the BATMOBILE. Which you can even use remotely to solve puzzles and ambush enemies.

Didn't realise it was 2am when I finished playing as time just flew by as I was enjoying it so much - you just want to keep exploring, driving, gliding, fighting etc. It's amazing.

It does look good. Shame they completely screwed up the PC version.

How so? Bugs?

Another thing I didn't mention is how seamless it is - I can't remember seeing many (if any) loading screens, and the cut scenes merge perfectly back into the main gameplay. For a game with such high quality visuals, it's quite impressive to see it all linked together so well.

They raised the minimum spec to run the game days before it was released which was a pretty high spec. The framerate is poor even slowing down to single figures on some sections. The effects like rain didn't work properly, and the game was freezing regularly for some people. It got so bad that they had to take the game off sale last week while they sort it out, which they still haven't done yet. There's fixes coming but people have had to take it upon themselves to mess about with the .ini file and then the game's settings to get it to play at a stable framerate at the expense of higher effects.

Some Steam key retailers are selling them at £15 or £20 for the season pass because it is broken and no-one wants to buy it until it's sorted out.

Been playing Battlefield hardline... It's an alright game. (top notch review)

The online is frustrating and the fact you have to buy a server to play in a private game is a bit of a joke.

James, you need to try Rocket League. So fun and addictive. I had a blast last night on single player. Couldn't try multi-player as the servers were dodgy.

I've just downloaded Rocket League - looking forward to playing!

I've also just played through Entwinned, which was great change of pace from playing Arkham Knight!

F1 on the xBox One - Only really scratched the surface on it but its not bad. Even on the easiest setting, it takes some getting used to, especially the breaking. My first race, chose, Monaco I was disqualified after 4 laps for making Pastor Maldanado look like a competent driver. My fave was when I caused a 16 car pile up.

Will explore the better settings as I get used to handling the cars.

I did jump onto the pro season...on this setting, you have to use the in car camera view when driving, all driver aids are off, other drivers are set to the best level and you have do the whole race weekend in full! I managed 2 corners in Melbourne and spent most of that facing he wrong way. Will be a long time before I go back to that level

Only complaint..well 2 - The music they use. Generic lift music that drives you up the wall and the Comms are wooden as hell. Crofty (from Sky's coverage) and Anthony Davidson deliver each line in such an unnatural way.

F1 on the xBox One - Only really scratched the surface on it but its not bad. Even on the easiest setting, it takes some getting used to, especially the breaking. My first race, chose, Monaco I was disqualified after 4 laps for making Pastor Maldanado look like a competent driver. My fave was when I caused a 16 car pile up.

Will explore the better settings as I get used to handling the cars.

I did jump onto the pro season...on this setting, you have to use the in car camera view when driving, all driver aids are off, other drivers are set to the best level and you have do the whole race weekend in full! I managed 2 corners in Melbourne and spent most of that facing he wrong way. Will be a long time before I go back to that level

Only complaint..well 2 - The music they use. Generic lift music that drives you up the wall and the Comms are wooden as hell. Crofty (from Sky's coverage) and Anthony Davidson deliver each line in such an unnatural way.

Sounds good, I've just got into project cars once I'm bored I'll probably get F1.

Any Dragon Quest fans here?

I've started playing the series on my IPad and found them addictive as crack.

I've been sensible and gone back to DQ3 to begin my journey.....

Until Bethesda release Morrowind on IOS, this will do for now!

Currently playing Warhammer 40000: Carnage on my mobile.

It's a sidescroller shoot 'em up and quite fun all in all. All in all, good value for 79p.

Warhammer 40K is just so much more fun on a table top!

Indeed, especially these days as there's so much variety. Trouble is, whilst I rarely have an afternoon to set aside for a battle, I can always find time for a mission or two on my mobile.

How long ago was it when you last had a game?

I have the worst luck with dice. I once lost a full squad of Chaos termies to one Basilisk shell!

Ouch. That's quite a whiff given Earthshakers are AP3. Still it happens...

Do you still collect, battle, etc?

There's actually a GW Thread but no one really cared for it.

Back