• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Picked up realMyst yesterday while it was on the cheap and I can't even make it off the initial island.

How in the fuck did anyone play this game pre-internet??? I'm determined not to cheat but my word.

My Witcher III big book has turned up. Going to devour it so I don't play the game like a complete lemon.

Deus Ex - HR for that price is such a bargain.
I've never finished it and I'm playing The Directors Cut again from the beginning.

It is like a big RPG - so much to read, so much to hack, so much to do - really well done.

What else can you buy for £2.60 today???

Played and completed episode 1 and it was much better than I thought it would be. The story is excellent and whilst it's basically choosing responses (with very, very basic, minimal QTEs sparsely thrown in) the choices you have to make actually do make a difference to the outcome.

The original characters and their back stories are well thought out, and you get to see Maergery Tyrell, Tyrion Lannister, Cersei Lannister and Ramsey Snow in the first episode. They've slotted the story in well to the TV series. I can see Bear's point about the lack of activity but I really enjoyed it. Just don't expect a hack n slash type affair. Tempted to get a season pass to play through the rest.

Totally disagree with that TBH. I had problems having any sort of success until I reached level 6 or 7, but by then I'd left the first area (White Orchard) due to impatience and started in the second one (Velen) which has tougher bad guys - they're also 'levelled' which is shown above them. Basically it's not a good idea to pick a fight with an enemy whose level is 2 or more ahead of yours. If you've come across someone who is way tougher, a red skull appears above them which basically means 'don't even try it - run away'.

I had a lot of these to start with so I went back to White Orchard, levelled up some more, found better weapons/armour and improved my spell strength then went back to Velen where I had much more success.

Once I got used to it, the fighting is quite good. Dodging rather than rolling away is the best way to master it, as rolling away affects your stamina. I've had some excellent battles - and as Jack says, then can gang up on you. Best thing to do is lure them out one at a time and take them on individually.

It's quite a clever system - you won't fare well if you run in all guns blazing and have to adapt your style depending on your enemy. You could also chuck bombs at them if you're able to craft them.

Only issues I've found is not drawing my sword (not really going to do much damage to a werewolf with bare hands) but that is a very rare occurrence. The camera can be a bit fiddly in combat, especially in dense forests etc. But otherwise, I really like the combat.

Thanks to you and JR. I will wait and buy it when I purchase my PS4. Will I play it before Fallout 4 - probably not....but it's something I will look forward to.

Deus Ex - HR for that price is such a bargain.
I've never finished it and I'm playing The Directors Cut again from the beginning.

It is like a big RPG - so much to read, so much to hack, so much to do - really well done.

What else can you buy for £2.60 today???

Lunch?!

Picked up realMyst yesterday while it was on the cheap and I can't even make it off the initial island.

How in the $#@! did anyone play this game pre-internet??? I'm determined not to cheat but my word.

with difficulty. myst was ok from what I recall. but riven was really tough. bring me the blue pages, not the red, but the blue ones. just those.

Bought The Vanishing of Ethan Carter in the steam sale the other day. Hope to get to play it one day, very positive reviews of it apparantly

I wouldn't have thought a WWI game had much variety, stand in trench and try to pick people off from distance or hopelessly sprint at the enemy across open ground hoping not to die.

My Witcher III big book has turned up. Going to devour it so I don't play the game like a complete lemon.

How far in are you? It was mega hard to start with so my advice is level up as much as you can before you start wandering around in different regions. Otherwise you'll die. A lot. And make sure you can craft the 'Swallow' potion so you can replenish health during combat.

How big is the BIG book? Skyrim size?

Just starting so haven't done anything.

The book is half the size but comes with a code for masses of extra material that is constantly updated on their website. Rather a good idea. The biggest big book I have is for watch dogs. That thing has its own gravitational pull...

Ok - if you see a big monster at the very start, run away. You'll be able to go back and kill the fucker soon enough, but I know you and you'll get all wound up if you keep dying so start slowly! :icon_lol:

You're on fire this morning Machin.........anybody would think it's Friday.

Arkham Asylum, Arkham City and Arkham Origins are all £3.74 each on Steam today. Which one should I get? Don't say all of them - I won't ever get the time to play them!

Arkham Asylum, Arkham City and Arkham Origins are all £3.74 each on Steam today. Which one should I get? Don't say all of them - I won't ever get the time to play them!

The first two if time is limited. They're not mega long campaigns but are both amazing. Origins is a prequel and therefore not as essential but I'd definitely play Asylum first then go on to City as the story is very good.

I've had the first two for 18 months, have played about an hour of Asylum and City has sat installed on my hard drive since the day I bought it but never actually turned on. This is why I am not buying anything in this sale!

I have bad habits, when I get some spare time for gaming lately I always just put The Golf Club or F1 on. Should really tackle the backlog I have, tons of games untouched or barely played.

The first two if time is limited. They're not mega long campaigns but are both amazing. Origins is a prequel and therefore not as essential but I'd definitely play Asylum first then go on to City as the story is very good.

Cool, cheers bud.

Back