• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

You know you can use a controller on PC, yeah?

yeah and I'm still sitting in a computer chair, at a desk, in a room in the corner of the house... :p

I've got a 360 controller connected to the machine over wireless.

I'm very happy playing games on my PC, on my PS3 or on my Ipad. It just depends on my mood really.

This afternoon I am playing GTA San Andreas on my Ipad - which I have to tell you is just brilliant.
Tonight it will be Skyrim on the PS3 on my big screen TV.

I'll say hello to Mrs HW as we pass in the hallway......:wife:

I think this is the correct thread, although it could equally go in the politics threads.

Nantwich council has written to parents of all children at their schools saying that children should not play PEGI 18 games, and if they find out, schools will be obligated to report those parents who will then be challenged on grounds of child neglect.

Laughable.

Firstly, letting a child play a PEGI 18 game is ABSOLUTELY not a criminal offence. Criminal offences are related to BBFC ratings, which most games also carry. And then the offence is actually with the store selling to a minor. Once the game is inside the house, NO offence is committed by allowing a minor to play. In the same way as allowing a child alcohol inside your house isn't criminal. I would LOVE to see how this council plan to enforce this nonsense. Are they really going to try and take children into care over a fucking video game??? Good luck with that, and I hope you have VERY deep pockets for when you get sued.

Giving a minor alcohol in your house isn't a criminal offense in the UK?

Nope. Supplying alcohol to a minor as a licensee, or attempting to purchase alcohol on behalf of a minor for consumption in licensed premises is.

That seems... strange. Not that I necessarily disagree with that law, just different to what I know.

What you do at home is your affair. What you try to do in a bar isn't. Within reason obviously. Giving a child a bottle of Jack Daniels and saying go for it would be frowned upon but not under the licencing laws.

Giving a child a bottle of Jack Daniels and saying go for it would be frowned upon

Surely doing that would lead to charges of Child neglect if it was found to have happened. I know you are using an extreme example that is unlikely to happen but a situation like would lead to child visiting hospital etc etc

Yes - that would be child neglect. Or at least well on the way to proving it. Rather different to playing Shadow of Mordor in my eyes.

The people who put that rule into motion need to fuck off and find better things to do with their time.

And now back to gaming...

I didn't like Black Flag and it should of been my ideal game.
Anybody else had that experience?

Micro thought it was alright but it didn't make him thrilled like other assassin's creed games. He really dislikes unity though.

Restarted Alien Isolation after swapping my 360 version for the Xbox One version. Two things: it's the most tense and edgy I've ever felt playing a game and I'm either completely rubbish or it's really, really bloody difficult.

Just been poking around FIFA 07 to relive Totti's glory days... This game had some absolutely hysterical player ratings in hindsight. Some highlights:

Nikola Zigic: 98 Heading Accuracy, 97 Finishing
Leon fucking Clarke: 89(!) OVR potential
Freddy Adu: 87 OVR potential
Luis Suarez: 61 OVR, 74 OVR potential
Manuel Neuer: 64 OVR, 76 OVR potential (wooops)
Juan Mata: 72 OVR potential
Ivan Rakitic: 65 OVR potential
Thiago Silva: 67 OVR
Marek Hamsick: 62 OVR
Ezequiel Garay: 65 OVR
Branislav Ivanovic: 67 OVR
Rickie Lambert: 43 OVR
Ashley Williams: 47 OVR, 64 OVR potential
Shaun Wright-Phillips: 88 OVR potential

And now back to gaming...

I didn't like Black Flag and it should of been my ideal game.
Anybody else had that experience?

I got to the boats, got lost, and stopped playing. :icon_lol:

Restarted Alien Isolation after swapping my 360 version for the Xbox One version. Two things: it's the most tense and edgy I've ever felt playing a game and I'm either completely rubbish or it's really, really bloody difficult.

you're supposed to die a lot. you may also be rubbish at the game, but you're also supposed to find it frustrating and tense.

Just seen a gameplay trailer for The Witcher 3. I've never played any of the previous games, nor do I know what it's about but it looks absolutely stunning.

Supposedly 20% bigger than Skyrim with next gen graphics and 50 hours expected to be required on the main quest alone, I'll be keeping a close eye on this.

Yeah, Witcher has my attention as well although its completely the opposite to the types of game I usually go for (I'm still spending 100% of my gaming time playing GTA online and FIFA!).

Just seen a gameplay trailer for The Witcher 3. I've never played any of the previous games, nor do I know what it's about but it looks absolutely stunning.

Supposedly 20% bigger than Skyrim with next gen graphics and 50 hours expected to be required on the main quest alone, I'll be keeping a close eye on this.

Get the 2nd one for sure. The first one is skippable.

Witcher 2 is pretty great. Harder than I like, but still good.

It definitely doesn't hold your hand.

Back