• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

It's had a delay though, from 2nd June, to 23rd June, so not much of a delay, but a delay nonetheless.

Are there are set objectives to Flight Simulator? Or is it just a pick whatever plane you want and fly about wherever you fancy sort of thing?

There are a lot of training flights to begin with - a lot of take off and landing practise. From then on it can get more and more complex depending how realistic you want it to be.
But yes - you can just choose a plane and fly from London to New York or Brirmingham to Bristol if you want to.

There are so many variables you can add in (day/night/weather/wind/engine failures etc) that you would never be bored.

It cost me less than £3 in the Steam Sale - that has to be the bargain of the century.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSy544Gx0VE

It's had a delay though, from 2nd June, to 23rd June, so not much of a delay, but a delay nonetheless.

I'd rather a game got delayed and came out as a finished article than get rushed and come out full of bugs.

First PROPER go on Advanced Warfare multiplayer, as my mates have been badgering me to play it for ages so I finally relented. As with all multiplayer games, it's much better with friends - especially if those friends are saddos who have racked up several weeks worth of gameplay (which is usually me on most editions of CoD!)

It's definitely the biggest change to the series in a while due to the Exo Suits, so it's now like a cross between CoD and Halo with all the jumping around. As a result, you've got an extra dimension to factor in, and the maps have been designed to incorporate that change - it takes some getting used to.

It's WAAAAAY better online than the brainless campaign mode and I did really quite enjoy it. I've too many other games which I think are better that I haven't finished yet, and so I don't think I'll get as addicted to this as I normally do but at least there's something ever so slightly different to this version.

April Games with Gold announcement should arrive any time now. There are supposed to be twice the amount of games available - really really hoping they're of the same calibre as Rayman Legends. Ryse would be amazing - too much to hope for?

GTA V's 4k graphics on the PC is amazing, I hope rockstar don't mess up the PC release again

Who the fuck can run a new game at 4k res and get acceptable framerates, though?

No one, that's who. Even the brand new, "most powerful GPU in history" $1000 Titan X struggles with 4k resolutions.

April Games with Gold announcement should arrive any time now. There are supposed to be twice the amount of games available - really really hoping they're of the same calibre as Rayman Legends. Ryse would be amazing - too much to hope for?

Bioshock Infinite is the free Games with Gold game on 360. Getting that for nothing is a no brainer, its a very enjoyable game, you'd be nuts not to. Not sure what's out there for the Xbox One.

The games for April:
Xbox One - Pool Nation FX and Child of light

Xbox 360 - 1st April, Terraria and Gears of War Judgement
16th April - Black Flag and Army of Two (devils cartel)

Bioshock Infinite is the free Games with Gold game on 360. Getting that for nothing is a no brainer, its a very enjoyable game, you'd be nuts not to. Not sure what's out there for the Xbox One.

Yeah, that's a superb offer. That was for March - the 360 has some brilliant deals on Gold, much better than the Xbox One, but I guess it's got a pretty vast catalogue. Next months free 360 games include Assassins Creed: Black Flag and Gears of War: Judgement.

Xbox One owners get Child of Light, which I'm pleased with.

Xbox One owners get Child of Light, which I'm pleased with.

fantastic, have had this on my steam wishlist for awhile. now free on a more preferred platform, perfect.

fantastic, have had this on my steam wishlist for awhile. now free on a more preferred platform, perfect.

Xbox One > PC

??????????????????????????????????????

I got valiant hearts on ps plus free last month but haven't played it yet, I've heard good things.

Xbox One > PC

??????????????????????????????????????

I'm a pretty hardcore PC guy but for indie side scrollers like CoL, a console is definitely nicer to play on. I can go sit on the couch in front of the big screen and use a controller.

Aside from FM most of what I play is FPS which is obviously superior on a computer.

You know you can use a controller on PC, yeah?

Either way, I only poke fun in jest. I may be diehard PC these days but consoles are no less relevant. Unlike some of the PC Aryans, I actually appreciate the ceiling consoles place on graphics. Keeps my expensive hardware relevant for that much longer!

Back