• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

The Gameboy one does my head in.

Both were ace.

"Collect all the coins.....AND win."

MK64's battle mode was ace with 3 or more players. It had some brilliant tracks too.

I don't think the battle mode on MK64 ever reached the heights of the Snes version. That was stonking.

The SNES version was good. But the fact that you had the level called Block Fort with different heights to attack from on N64 was a game changer.

Pfft to all this retro gaming, the burning question is:

As I will shortly be in a position to upgrade my ps3, do I go xboxone or Ps4?!

(FYI no football game will ever live up to Italia 90.... Golden Eye and Ocarina of time were ace and all MK games were better on the Mega Drive)

Pfft to all this retro gaming, the burning question is:

As I will shortly be in a position to upgrade my ps3, do I go xboxone or Ps4?!

(FYI no football game will ever live up to Italia 90.... Golden Eye and Ocarina of time were ace and all MK games were better on the Mega Drive)

It's a tough choice, they both have a lot of the same games. I made my mind up as soon as I knew they were making uncharted 4 for the ps4 plus I have a few friends with one also.

It's a tough choice, they both have a lot of the same games. I made my mind up as soon as I knew they were making uncharted 4 for the ps4 plus I have a few friends with one also.

I know it's tough, that's why I want advice!!! ☺

XBox One has good exclusives too. Just check out the different gamelists and let that inform your decision as both platforms are excellent.

I just gave the BIL my entire NES collection to get his ebay store going (he needs the feedback). Going to build an emulation station using raspberry pi, with a custom 3d printed NES case. Won't go up to N64 (actually takes quite a bit of power to emulate), but I'll have everything prior.

Will miss the genuine hardware but it's much less hassle.

Every N64 emulation I've tried has been useless. SNES and NES is pretty solid though, especially if you can get a usb controller for it.

Super Tennis on the SNES is brilliant!

Every N64 emulation I've tried has been useless. SNES and NES is pretty solid though, especially if you can get a usb controller for it.

I'll be getting bluetooith NES controllers:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/08/hardware_review_8bitdo_nes30_bluetooth_controller

original.jpg

gotta keep SOME of the original magic around, somehow. I'm fine with no longer having to blow on or reseat cartridges, but the controller definitely contributes to an authentic feeling experience.

give me ugly and uncomfortable rectangles or give me death! :argh:

The original NES controller was rubbish when looked at objectively. Bulky, uncomfortable and lacked innovation.

The SNES one was great though. Curved, extra buttons, shoulder buttons!!, a great D-pad and comfortable to use whilst playing Street Fighter 2 for hours on end.

The NES one wasn't as uncomfortable as it looks I don't think. SNES and N64 controllers were fantastic though. Nintendo have always been top of the pile when it comes to input.

Think the six button Genesis pad is my personal favorite. Pre-Xbox, anyway.

Back