• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Sega Rally and Virtua Tennis were great games.

I think it was the first driving game that used the analogue trigger buttons for variable accelerate and braking.

Metropolis Street Racer was a masterpiece for its time. The graphics were just mindblowing compared to everything that I'd seen before.

I must have poured months into Speed Devils. First racing game I played with variable tracks and hazards. The inclusion of different seasons was a great touch and they actually changed the physics for the snowy and rainy courses! Also the first I know of that allowed for aesthetic changes to your car. Add in the colorful personalities of the other racers and you've got a real gem. Don't think it ever got the recognition it deserved.

Can't say I remember that one.

With regards to old systems I still have 30+ N64 games, all boxed with instructions and all in mint condition. They go for a good amount on eBay too. We're talking between £10-30 per game depending on the title. Some like the pair of Banjo Kazooie and Tooie sell for £50ish sometimes.

I keep meaning to stick them up for sale but keep forgetting. I really ought to do it now the Christmas hangover for people should be gone.

Twisted Metal on PS1. Now there was a game.

I was always a Vigilante 8 person, myself.

I've still got a dreamcast purely to be able to play Shenmue 1&2 whenever I want, probably my all time favourites and they will sadly never see a conclusion. Agree with DW about MSR it really was a masterpiece, I remember having virtue tennis too!

Alan - I remember seriously enjoying vigilante 8, good times! One weird game I remember was beetle adventure racing, lots of multiplayer fun was had on that

Rogue Squadron on the N64 was the dog's bollocks.

That's one of the games I still have! Was good as well.

Tying the legs on those AT-ATs was tricky though.

Was Power Stone on the Dreamcast? That was awesome fun.

I had a N64 and it really was a fantastic console.

Mario 64
Lylat Wars
Goldeneye
Banjo Kazooie
Diddy Kong Racing
Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Rogue Squadron

What a system that was!

Was Power Stone on the Dreamcast? That was awesome fun.

I had a N64 and it really was a fantastic console.

Mario 64
Lylat Wars
Goldeneye
Banjo Kazooie
Diddy Kong Racing
Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Rogue Squadron

What a system that was!

It really was brilliant, it was he first console me and my brother had, we never had a mega drive or Playstation. I remember buying a ps2 after playing pro ego round a friends house and deciding I couldn't live without it.

Yeah, N64 was superb. Best game for me would probably ISS98 - the one with Paul Ince and Fabrizio Ravenelli one the cover. Tony Gubba with possibly the worst football game commentary ever and all the wrong names. Was so good against your mates though. Matches could finish 6-0 or 2-2 or 0-8 - throw of the dice type stuff.

That and Mario Kart 64, Mario 64 and Golden Eye were truly great games.

Never had a Dreamcast but one of my mates did. Virtua Tennis was fantastic. Crazy Taxi too was good fun. He would get royally pissed off playing Soul Caliber though. He was a proper player and I was a button basher. If I beat him it'd be unfair, apparently!

Yeah, N64 was superb. Best game for me would probably ISS98 - the one with Paul Ince and Fabrizio Ravenelli one the cover. Tony Gubba with possibly the worst football game commentary ever and all the wrong names. Was so good against your mates though. Matches could finish 6-0 or 2-2 or 0-8 - throw of the dice type stuff.

That and Mario Kart 64, Mario 64 and Golden Eye were truly great games.

Diddy Kong Racing > Mario Kart 64

Goldeneye was genre defining. Loved it, and god knows how many hours I clocked up on that.

Yeah goldeneye and Mario 64 were pioneers in their respective type of games.

ISS 98 was brilliant, I enjoyed working out who was meant to be who with the wrong player names. I remember playing FIFA 98 (I think) too mainly because it had the dive button and blatant foul button which was hilarious, you could also change how strict the referee was and get away with murder

Diddy Kong Racing > Mario Kart 64
Both were ace.

"Collect all the coins.....AND win."

MK64's battle mode was ace with 3 or more players. It had some brilliant tracks too.

Donkey Kong Country is another that still stands up brilliantly today.

Here's my list of N64 games I have.

Mystical Ninja
Mario Kart 64
Lylat Wars
Banjo Tooie
Banjo Kazooie
Bomber Man 64
Super Smash Bros
Mario Golf
Perfect Dark
Jet Force Gemini
ISS 98
ISS 2000
ISS 64
Bomberman Hero
Yoshi's Story
Doom
F-Zero X
Pilotwings 64
Mission Impossible
Diddy Kong Racing
Star Wars Rogue Squadron
World Driver Championship
Fighters Destiny
Blast Corps
Zelda: Ocarina Of Time
FIFA 98
F1 World Grand Prix
Spacestation Silicon Valley
Wave Race 64
Super Mario 64
Donkey Kong 64

F Zero x! Loved that too. I remember thinking world drivers championship was the dogs bollocks too. I'm jealous.

Back