• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Went on Destiny last night and had a blast on some strike missions on co-op with some random people. What fun!! I think they're got the game mechanics spot on, it's a very enjoyable experience blasting a room of badass aliens. I admit the plot is rather uninspiring thus far (I'm only at level 10) but the gameplay around it more than makes up for it.

Not that impressed with the Crucible modes though (basically online multiplayer, team deathmatch bog standard type stuff) but that's probably just because I've got a low rank and am therefore nerd cannon fodder.

For a limited time, Origin are allowing you to download the PC version of Syndicate for free.

Enjoy!

I'm back on Shadow of Mordor now, as I've bought the new DLC (I had funds in my Microsoft account I'd totally forgotten about that were due to expire). I love this game.

For a limited time, Origin are allowing you to download the PC version of Syndicate for free.

Enjoy!

Is this the original Syndicate by Bullfrog? That was a fucking amazing game. I'll check it out tonight.

Yeah, the 1993 release. Downloading it now. A massive 60MB! :icon_lol:

I think the hard drive on my first PC (around 1996) was 2.5GB.

I used to love Syndicate.

They've done this download it for free before. I had a go and couldn't really get into it as well as I used to.

Origin did a free theme hospital download a couple of months ago but I couldn't get it to work

Apparently there was a patch that you needed to go with it. I almost downloaded it myself as that was another game I used to like.

Although I certainly appreciate that games like Syndicate were great for their time, without the nostalgia factor I just can't get into it. User Interfaces have come a Hell of a long way in the past 22 years.

Strange to think I was only 1 when Syndicate was released!

Yeah it was definitely a bit awkward to control. Also, it seemed harder than I remembered.

Some games definitely stand up better than others. Streets of Rage and the Sonic games are still great fun. I also enjoy playing the old Mario/Zelda games as I never had them as a kid as we were a Megadrive house.

I'll have nightmares about that objective "ping" sound, to boot.

I occasionally play through Streets Of Rage 2 with my mate on his emulators. So much fun.

I could never get into Sonic in any big way. I was always a Mario kid. Nintendo were my idols.

Some games definitely stand up better than others. Streets of Rage and the Sonic games are still great fun. I also enjoy playing the old Mario/Zelda games as I never had them as a kid as we were a Megadrive house.

My PC is stuffed to the gills with emulators and old console games. I can still sink hours into the first 3 Megaman games.

I only had a Mega drive for a few games. Altered Beast, Golden Axe. Road Rash was a firm favourite. And one called F22 Interceptor which was IMO at the time the best flight sim ever made.

Jumping a few generations but I think the video game decision I most regret in life is selling off my Dreamcast. What a brilliant system it was, and I was too young to understand.

The Dreamcast was brilliant. Soul Calibur took up most of my second year at uni!

I've got a really good Dreamcast emulator now so happy days.

Aye, same here, but nothing quite matches up to having to fiddle with the bizarre controller and VMU.

Although it's nice to play games like Podracer with all kinds of antialiasing and in high definition.

Back