• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Even better is that it's cross platform so progress to date on the 360 will automatically carry over to the xbox one. And players on the 360 can play against players on the xbox one, which is pretty cool. Is it also a 1st?

The Witcher 2 is kicking my ass. What an outstandingly difficult game.

I ended up turning the difficulty down to easy. I have no patience for that. Hard is one thing, but having to replay certain battles dozens of times is not fun to me.

I put in my dues, I no longer have anything to prove. Played Last of Us on easy too. Most FPS I play on expert.

I'm a lot less bothered by how difficult something is now than I used to be, I want to be able to enjoy the story of a game and have a challenge but if it stops being fun then I just turn the difficulty down

I guess I'm a bit of a masochist. Ever since I got hooked on Dark Souls I find that games that don't kill me are unfulfilling.

The Order 1886 is amazing! One of the better new games that playstation has released on the PS4

It certainly looks amazing James, I look forward to playing it one day

Really? I've yet to hear anything positive about it (outside if it being nice to look at).

Really? I've yet to hear anything positive about it (outside if it being nice to look at).

The gameplay is a little but repetitive at times but the overall presentation of the story and they way it plays out is really good.

Hmm, the IGN review isn't particularly kind. Apparently it looks absolutely amazing but the gameplay is dull and unoriginal with a load of tedious QTEs.

IGN aren't the only ones panning it, either. No repeat of the Alien: Isolation debacle here.

IGN aren't the only ones panning it, either. No repeat of the Alien: Isolation debacle here.

I find their scores are usually trustworthy. Usually.

The praise that CoD: AW's campaign mode got is mega puzzling, mind you.

AW's campaign had it's moments. It was nothing special at all but it was entertaining enough (helped massively by Mr. Spacey, of course).

CoD is a strange beast. On gameplay mechanics alone it hasn't actually regressed over time, but the oversaturation of titles in the franchise has caused their appeal to erode in a way it otherwise would not have. That said, CoD2 and CoD4MW are easily my favorites in the series.

Campaign wise it's actually more linear and restricted now than it ever was. The latest one sure looks nice but it's a shit story and you rarely feel in proper control of the battle. I think it's rubbish.

The multiplayer may have loads more features (I can't comment fully on this year's MP mode as I've played about 2 matches so far) but personally, CoD4 had both an enjoyable campaign and a brilliant multiplayer.

The last multiplayer I REALLY enjoyed from the CoD series was probably the first Black Ops title.

I am sitting here watching Micro absolutely destroy Far Cry 4. Christ alive he is good at this game!

How do you mean?

Looks like an interesting idea so I'd like to hear what it's like.

I like it, the reviews aren't great but this is one of those games that really depends by the player likes.

Back