• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

I also thought the N64 pad was an absolute wreck and pretty much ruined that system for me.

Really? I loved it although the analogue stick was a bit unforgiving on the thumb!

I have sacrified much skin to the n64

I could never get over the three-pronged thing. It made games that I preferred to use the d-pad on (but which also utilized the Z Button) such a pain.

Small beans in the grand scheme of a system that had some of the greatest games of all time on it, but it seems like it was a situation that could so easily of been avoided! Credit to them for trying something different (IIRC it was the first first-party controller to use a stick?) but it just didn't work out for me.

Jumped back into Far Cry 3 today and I'd forgotten just how good it is. I've put 45 hours into it and still have a ton of shit to do, I enjoyed it that much I went and bought FC4 for £20.

Jumped back into Far Cry 3 today and I'd forgotten just how good it is. I've put 45 hours into it and still have a ton of $#@! to do, I enjoyed it that much I went and bought FC4 for £20.

I was engrossed in that game in a way I hadn't been with an FPS probably since the original Modern Warfare (a bit apples to oranges, I know).

I keep meaning to jump into Far Cry 2 one of these days as I'm really interested in one set in Africa but I can't pull myself away from Civ 5 at the moment (it's even derailed my Witcher 2 playthrough a bit)!

I loved Far Cry 3.

Just not got time to play Far Cry 4 at the moment....but it's time will come.

Microsoft Flight Simulator on Steam is my get go game at the moment - especially as I have been really geeky and bought a flight controller which is now on my computer desk.

Now...time for one more go at landing in Corfu without hitting the water first......

Been playing the following recently:

Rayman Legends - frankly, the fact this was free on XBL pays for the annual subscription to the service. What an AWESOME platformer. Challenging enough without ever crossing the line into 'tear you hair out frustrating', the puzzles, themes and levels are beautifully varied, there are a massive range of things to collect, different challenges of varying difficulties that change every day/week, the end-of-stage music levels are a work of sheer genius and it looks phenomenal. I think any game that makes me think 'bollocks - I died. But I'll have JUST ONE more go before bedtime...' and then keeps me up for several more hours until I beat it must be a good one. I can only hope that forthcoming Games on Gold deals are as good as this one. GREAT fun.

Sunset Overdrive - an epileptic's worst nightmare. It's just INSANE and I don't really know what the fuck is going on, 3 hours into the campaign. Not that it isn't good - it is - but it's batshit mental. I sometimes think too much is happening all at once, and it shows the capabilities of the hardware even in the early stages of the life of the current-gen consoles that it's so busy yet still vibrant and beautiful without a hint of slowdown. I think it sometimes tries too hard to be humourous (maybe I don't get some Americans' sense of humour...?) but above all it's a hoot to play and blast the bejesus out of big zombie type things with crazy looking guns (my favourites being the TNT teddy bear gun and the cuddly kitten that makes a robot dog go insane and blow the shit out of everything it lands near).

I loved Far Cry 3.

Just not got time to play Far Cry 4 at the moment....but it's time will come.

Microsoft Flight Simulator on Steam is my get go game at the moment - especially as I have been really geeky and bought a flight controller which is now on my computer desk.

Now...time for one more go at landing in Corfu without hitting the water first......

Are there are set objectives to Flight Simulator? Or is it just a pick whatever plane you want and fly about wherever you fancy sort of thing?

Used to love playing the Ace Combat games when I was younger then had a crack at some B-17 game on the PC that was a bit more realistic, you had to pick your targets in the briefing room then follow your navigators commands to find your way to here, could switch between all the different roles in the plane too so you could have a go at shooting down the enemy fighters that were sent to intercept then have a crack at bomb aiming when you got to the target, I got pretty impatient with it though at that age so more often than not i'd just pick the closest target and still end up distracted before i got anywhere close.

Sunset Overdrive - an epileptic's worst nightmare. It's just INSANE and I don't really know what the fuck is going on, 3 hours into the campaign. Not that it isn't good - it is - but it's batshit mental. I sometimes think too much is happening all at once, and it shows the capabilities of the hardware even in the early stages of the life of the current-gen consoles that it's so busy yet still vibrant and beautiful without a hint of slowdown. I think it sometimes tries too hard to be humourous (maybe I don't get some Americans' sense of humour...?) but above all it's a hoot to play and blast the bejesus out of big zombie type things with crazy looking guns (my favourites being the TNT teddy bear gun and the cuddly kitten that makes a robot dog go insane and blow the shit out of everything it lands near).

Its a Migraine on a disc!! Can't play it or watch its just a nuts game.

Finished The Order: 1886. It's decent, looks amazing but the story isn't particularly good so I found I didn't really care that much about what was going on. Certain bits felt clunky with the controls but the combat is very good and the weapons are cool. It's quite a short game which I don't mind but there is no incentive to re-play it, even a trophy for completing it on harder difficulties would encourage another run through. As it is I'm done with it now and probably won't touch it again.

Can't wait for that!

Annoying news this week that Uncharted 4 has been delayed until next year. Also another delay for project cars (which looks amazing) but should be out in May.

Anything with LEGO branding is usually fucking ace.

every lego game is the exact same... ??

:p

Back