• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Modern Warfare mops the floor with every other CoD game and most of the Halo titles tbh.

FIFA's fucking atrocious anyway. I wouldn't bother.

Derp. Is it fuck.

The new single player game is supposed to be quite good on the latest COD.

Video games and food, would you like to make a trilogy of stuff you get hilariously wrong?

Halo is shit made for 8 year olds. End of.

Halo is great but I've played them all before, hence not much interest in the Masterchief Collection. I'll be getting Halo 5 when its out.

I think Halo's campaign modes are far better than CoD but CoD is awesome in multiplayer.

I got really into CoD4 multiplayer, probably because I was relatively good at it and a couple of mates were always on and encouraged me to play. After that they added too many gimmicks and killstreak rewards etc. that made it so much less fun for a casual player like me to enjoy.

The first Modern Warfare multiplayer was great, especially for PC. You could chose your server and pitch yourself against appropriately skilled opponents. MW2 was annoying though as it all the multiplayer stuff was run by Activision so you ended up against some elite kids who gamed 24 hours a day. Once they got the killstreaks you became fodder for them.

CoD is a kids game. It has repeatedly deteriorated and rehashes the same shit every incarnation. It requires zero brainpower and is purely about reaction speed. Battlefield multiplayer pisses all over it by such a long way it isn’t even close. If you want multiplayer action that you actually have to use your brain for play Battlefield, or even better for tactical, thoughtful multiplayer team action play World of Tanks.

Just came across a game on Steam called 'I am Bread'. "The beautiful story of one slice of bread's epic and emotional journey as it embarks upon a quest to become toasted" Amazing.

The first Modern Warfare multiplayer was great, especially for PC. You could chose your server and pitch yourself against appropriately skilled opponents. MW2 was annoying though as it all the multiplayer stuff was run by Activision so you ended up against some elite kids who gamed 24 hours a day. Once they got the killstreaks you became fodder for them.

Sums it up for me. After MW the kill streaks just got too ridiculous. The original (CoD4 for those more numeral inclined) was one of the most finely balanced FPS multiplayer experiences I've ever had.

Fallout 4 is coming out next year. Why play anything else?
Just finishing FO3 & FO3NV on PS3 and PC.

These are the greatest games.

I got really into CoD4 multiplayer, probably because I was relatively good at it and a couple of mates were always on and encouraged me to play. After that they added too many gimmicks and killstreak rewards etc. that made it so much less fun for a casual player like me to enjoy.

Was similar for me, i was in Uni when it came out so there was me and another couple lads that would go home and play CoD for a couple hours after lectures pretty much every day, i was never that great at it but was still enjoyable when you had a couple of mates on there to talk to and plan your stupidly named victim to gang up on. Never got round to buying MW2 until a few months after it came out and our regular party had been disbanded so i was trying to get into it on my own against people who knew all the maps inside out, soon gave up and have never revisited the series since.

Was similar for me, i was in Uni when it came out so there was me and another couple lads that would go home and play CoD for a couple hours after lectures pretty much every day, i was never that great at it but was still enjoyable when you had a couple of mates on there to talk to and plan your stupidly named victim to gang up on. Never got round to buying MW2 until a few months after it came out and our regular party had been disbanded so i was trying to get into it on my own against people who knew all the maps inside out, soon gave up and have never revisited the series since.

Yep, same as me except I did play MW3 a bit which I found much better than 2, less ridiculous kill streaks but could never get into it like I did with the original.

Back