• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Jumping about like pixies and having to empty entire clips and more into people to kill them. Just tedious.

CoD4 remains my favourite shooting game ever - especially multiplayer.

But TBH I think the aspect that makes any shooter better is who you're online with, and that's why I enjoy CoD so much. Ghosts was the best version in AGES and I've a lot of mates waiting for me to get Advanced Warfare on Xbox One. Don't care dumbed down it is to some people, I really enjoy it. Though the campaign modes are universally atrocious and have been since CoD4.

Halo was AWESOME online but most friends I played with gave it up for CoD. I played Halo 3 a LOT when it first came out. Brilliant fun.

Right back to the guessing game of how Langers can suddenly expect to be the proud owner of an Xbox One when previously he thought it would be in the new year?

Theory One - New girlfriend - discounted as it would have been for Xmas.
Theory Two - Pools / Lottery win - discounted as he wouldn't be haggling over bundles/games instore.
Theory Three - Whip round from colleagues at his soon to be ex place of work?

Any closer?

I had a different set of theories Sniffer

Theory Four - Busking with his ukulele in the middle of Birmingham dresses as Seasick Steve
Theory Five - Sold his soul - discounted as it would have been in Bathams
Theory Six - Sold his body - discounted as medical research would be scratching their collective heads wondering how to remove the beard

Four may have some legs as he may have conned people into thinking he was a cover act.

I had a different set of theories Sniffer

Theory Four - Busking with his ukulele in the middle of Birmingham dresses as Seasick Steve
Theory Five - Sold his soul - discounted as it would have been in Bathams
Theory Six - Sold his body - discounted as medical research would be scratching their collective heads wondering how to remove the beard

Four may have some legs as he may have conned people into thinking he was a cover act.

:ursofunny:

Shit, I assume you saw me? :icon_lol:

The truth is a very unexpected work bonus which has seen me sort Christmas pressies as well as get this.

I see you've made a great purchase today Langers

Yep. Saw a deal for Forza 5, Halo: MCC and CoD: Advanced Warfare, with a spare controller.

Thought 'sod it - that's a top deal'.

Just fired up Forza for a quick race and bloody hell - blown away with the way it looks/sounds/feels. Kids were up so didn't try either of the shooter games!

Fair play. Its a great console and the difference between consoles is big.

Had a decent go on Forza today and I think it's tremendous. I'm not a massive racing game fan and I'm definitely no petrol head but I'm really enjoying it. So slick, such much fun, excellent handling and although my racing game Skillz are Paddy-esque it's very addictive!

Fired up CoD:AW for about an hour before I headed to the pub and it is simply stunning. I always play through the campaign before hitting multiplayer and it really is breathtaking. Gameplay - meh, it's CoD and although I've only played the first mission it's the same bog standard CoD campaign - ridiculous to look at but no real depth to the gameplay. Not that I was expecting any different!

EA are giving away some free games for Sony's birthday.

PS4 - Plants vs Zombies
PS3 - Mirrors Edge
Vita- Most Wanted.

Shadow of Mordor is utterly brilliant. Perfectly paced, decent storyline, collecting things reminded me a bit of Red Dead Redemption, the fighting moves look and feel great without being too much of a button basher and there's been a lot of thought gone into the Sauron's Army rank system, level ups etc.

It's superb.

The idea of enemies levelling up if they kill you is a brilliant move. I really like Shadow of Mordor. I heartily recommend checking out Far Cry 4. It looks stunning on the Xbox One.

I've got loads to trade in so I might go to Game tomorrow, as Destiny is cheap instore at the moment. I quite fancy trying that out.

I've got more than enough credit on top of trade ins to get it without paying anything on top of it.

That'll keep me busy for a while - as wel as SoM, I'm loving Forza, CoD is the visual, brainless spazzfest I expected and Halo: MCC is still in its cellophane so I'll wait before getting anything else I think.

Destiny is a stunning game visually, but I haven't done much with it yet. Want to see how far I get with Far Cry first, and I also GTA to sort out.

Didn't know you had Destiny. Looking forward to giving it a go, but I'm assuming I'll need to get another xbox live sub to do it?

Destiny is a visually beautiful game but I'm not a fan of it at all.

Back