• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

I have a week to complete it before the start of my MSc. Bring it on.

Stan, Amazon are selling it for £36 and you will be lucky to get it from a supermarket as most places are doing a midnight launch.

I'll take my chances, may even nip out at midnight and pick it up from the local asda

The supermarkets aren't going to sell out. I managed to get previous COD games at midnight and they are the biggest selling games ever.

Ordered Gta last night, as well as a special edition far cry 3 with a load of extras. Looking forward to that arriving. I think those two may well be the end of my game purchases until the Xbox one arrives.

Now have the latest version of the Madden series. Love it, it sets the bar for sports games. The Connected Careers Owner Mode is fantastic. Puts you in control of everything, from the roster, to the offensive and defensive schemes, the draft, to setting the prices of tickets, stadium food and merchandise to marketing your star players. It's like the NFL version of FIFA and Football Manager combined.

My Ps4 problems are solved, I am going to America to see my friend for my birthday in November and I'll buy it while I am over there. :D

Some cut scenes really do add to the game though - although I haven't played it, I've heard that The Last of Us takes it to a new level. Uncharted was good for excellent cut scenes as well.

The Last of Us and the Uncharted series are some of the only games I've played where I've been genuinely interested in the cut scenes and the underlying story behind the game. They got the timings pretty much perfect as there were just the right amount and they weren't too long.

Gta 5 is £35 on amazon to pre-order at the moment, anyone know what they're like with postage times on pre-ordered stuff?

The cut scenes in the main plot of Injustice: Gods Among Us are really good. About the main thing that separates the game from a standard beat 'em up.

Gta 5 is £35 on amazon to pre-order at the moment, anyone know what they're like with postage times on pre-ordered stuff?

There is an option on GTAV to pre-order and guarantee delivery on the morning of the release day.

We'll see. It makes little difference to me as I am going to be out of the country so no doubt will be picking my copy up from Sun Street upon my return*

*this will in no way become an excuse for a pint in the western. no sir. not at all.

My head tells me not to buy GTA immediately but to wait for the Game Of The Year Edition with all the DLC in 2015.

My heart says........

I have just heard about assassins Creed 4. have to pay it looks pretty good! I love the boat missions in 3 and I don't think I have ever played a good pirate game!

psplusxbox.jpg

I don't know what is worse - the fact that someone actually spent time and effort into drawing that, or the fact you posted it.

And Smash Bros is shit anyway.

Far cry 3 arrived. I get two extra missions, plus a new predator pack for the extra outlay. Very excited about trying this game.

Back