• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Just got my GTA V pre order done on Amazon - exciting stuff!

Me too. \o/

This thread is going to turn into a GTA fest for a good while soon.

Which is better than that boring PC spec stuff a few weeks back.

Is it? GTA bores the arse off me.

Is it? GTA bores the arse off me.

Then you'll know how I felt with you lot comparing graphics cards... ;)

In all seriousness, as GTA is a standalone game, if people think it's worth giving it it's own thread (a la Skyrim) then it might be worth doing that. Hardly fair to completely dominate this thread for weeks on end and I do expect a hell of a lot of conversation about it as it seems that lots of people are going to buy it.

Thoughts, ladies and gents (and James)?

It doesn't bother me. Probably not worth it.

Nah - we will. There'll no doubt be a fair amount of stuff about the new consoles and I think that would get swamped by GTA chat.

If it's a game for which Paddy has bought a BIG BOOK, that probably makes it thread worthy.

I also have the Bioshock Infinite BIG BOOK, just so you know.

The GTA IV BIG BOOK was tremendous, so I have high hopes for the new one. Hopefully it arrives on the day so I can peruse it while in Barbados to get my GTA fix.

If they see you reading that, they might think you're a drugs baron trying to take over the island.

Anyway - decision made - we'll have a GTA V thread.

FIFA 14 is now pre-ordered. Traded in a few games I'll never touch again (including FIFA 13 and - amazingly for me - Black Ops 2) and with the credit I've got, I'll be able to buy that and another game when it comes out at the end of the month.

How do you trade games in online alongside a pre-order?

The new consoles are leaving me a little non-plussed to be honest. I don't really game as much as I want to due to having a 1yr old daughter, but there is nothing about them so far that gets me excited. There are still too many games from this generation I want to play - Bioshock Infinite, Dishonoured and the new F1 game to name a few. And of course, GTA V.

I didn't buy a 360 until 4 years ago......

I don't think you can? The nearest GAME is a 5 minute walk away in the Bullring so I went in at lunch and sorted it.

Ah I see. How much did you get for those two? I'll be binning them both too.

Ah I see. How much did you get for those two? I'll be binning them both too.

FIFA was only £5 but that was more than I thought it'd be seeing as the new one is imminent. Black Ops 2 was £11.50.

I'm still tempted by that GameStop offer.

After some faffing around I've got Shenmue working on my PC. Top class.

Got Amnesia: A Machine for pigs on the laptop and sadly this comp can't handle it without serious lag! What graphic cards for a DELL is better than Intel HD? Anyone happen to know that?

I'm no expert but I don't think it's a great idea to replace graphics cards in a laptop as it's integrated technology.

Back