• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

After some faffing around I've got Shenmue working on my PC. Top class.

Ren from Shenmue 2 is one of the greatest video game characters of all time.

Played one game on the Fifa14 demo. It would appear that some of the best players in the world have lost the ability to control a football. Oh well.

The new consoles are leaving me a little non-plussed to be honest. I don't really game as much as I want to due to having a 1yr old daughter, but there is nothing about them so far that gets me excited. There are still too many games from this generation I want to play - Bioshock Infinite, Dishonoured and the new F1 game to name a few. And of course, GTA V.

I didn't buy a 360 until 4 years ago......

Microsoft came out and said that they'll still support the 360 for quite a while. I'm the same though, I don't see anything that massively stands out about either console that makes me want to go buy one, obviously there's massive improvements but it's still a bit "meh" to me.

I can't actually afford to get either anyway, which I guess is the huge put down.

I'm no expert but I don't think it's a great idea to replace graphics cards in a laptop as it's integrated technology.

I think, you have to make sure what card you buy is supported by the motherboard. It's a lot more trickier than pc's. Have you tried overclocking the GPU? (Yes, that's a thing) just basically pushed the graphics card a bit more, does improve it a bit.

How are you all getting on in Dishonored?
I've just finished the first mission - if you go exploring everywhere and try and get everything then it's absolutely massive - it's taken me ages.

I know that after GTA release nobody will be playing this, so just wondered what you're thoughts were. I'm very, very impressed.

TBH mate I've not touched it. The only thing I've played in the last few weeks has been the FIFA demo. I've been painting my daughter's room most evenings so not been on the Xbox.

Hoping to get stuck into dishonored soon, I have it on my laptop so will be playing it when not on PS3 but atm have a couple of games I'm halfway through and the completionist in me has to finish those first

Fucking stuck on the first pirate fight in far cry. I am just shit at video games

TBH mate I've not touched it. The only thing I've played in the last few weeks has been the FIFA demo. I've been painting my daughter's room most evenings so not been on the Xbox.

Langers - Painting daughters room is much more important than games. Luckily my daughter is nearly 19 so I don't have to worry about that too much!

Last edited:
Through that fight. My sneaking may not be very good....

Getting on with exploring a bit of the island now. Really enjoyable game.

No shame in that, I've been playing it since it was released. By far my favourite game.

And mine. I just keep coming back to it. It obviously rings all my gaming bells!
I'm playing it on Steam, on my PS3 and on my laptop. Just waiting for the IOS version now!

And mine. I just keep coming back to it. It obviously rings all my gaming bells!
I'm playing it on Steam, on my PS3 and on my laptop. Just waiting for the IOS version now!

I still have the original and the expansions on CD somewhere, had it on the 360 but currently playing on Steam :) some great mods out there too, but overall it's just an amazing game. I used to play Morrowind a heck of a lot too if I remember, but that's going back some time.

Far Cry 3 coming to PS plus next month.

I was going to buy it a few weeks ago. Glad I waited, soon it will be free. Probably wont get the time for it with GTA5 taking up my time.

This is legit ...

dy4bn.jpg

For those still wanting to Pre-order a Ps4, Shop to now have stock guaranteed for launch with a killzone or watch dogs bundle and have finally guaranteed my Ps4 for launch even though I'm getting mine from America on November 15th.

Back