• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

That is a bit shit TBH but not totally unexpected.

Get an Xbox One, James!!!! DARE YOU.

Shop to do have a good offer on the system + xbox live and forza with them hmmm....

Definite game changer!

shush you

I heard all orders before August were safe and anything after that is risky.

Well it states that on their website but I spoke to their customer service and they said "because of a high demand we cannot guarantee any preorder"

That's why quite a lot of people pre-order at two or three places until they know which one will be able to fulfill and get it to them on the day.

Surely it should be first come first served.

Maybe they haven't been allocated as many consoles as they originally thought? It's not like ShopTo to drop a bollocks like this TBH.

Maybe they haven't been allocated as many consoles as they originally thought? It's not like ShopTo to drop a bollocks like this TBH.

I think the fact they are so popular and sony aren't taking anymore orders for the Ps4 they have had to drop the ball a little bit.

I'd much prefer it if they showed actual gameplay footage on trailers rather than a mash up of cut scenes!

I'd much prefer it if they showed actual gameplay footage on trailers rather than a mash up of cut scenes!

That's the way they've always done it though! They don't like to give too much away, and keep it to themselves until the game's actually out.

That's the way they've always done it though! They don't like to give too much away, and keep it to themselves until the game's actually out.

Yes I know - but the gameplay clips you seen on the likes of IGN are always far more interesting IMO.

Yes I know - but the gameplay clips you seen on the likes of IGN are always far more interesting IMO.

Completely agree, everyone prefers actual gameplay, cut scenes give you sod all, you don't play cut scenes.

Unless it's one of the later Metal Gear Solid games, where cut scenes take up well over 50% of the game...

Indeed, it was frivolous "video game as art" nonsense. If you want to make a 10 hour TV series then make one!

Some cut scenes really do add to the game though - although I haven't played it, I've heard that The Last of Us takes it to a new level. Uncharted was good for excellent cut scenes as well.

Debating whether to pre order GTA V or go to Tesco/Asda on the morning of release and pick up a copy.

Worried that the postie won't be able to get it through the riduculously small letter box at my flat and then I won't be able to pick it up until the following day...decisions!

Indeed, it was frivolous "video game as art" nonsense. If you want to make a 10 hour TV series then make one!

I think MGS would make a very good film/TV series.

The game itself was actually really good, the lengthy cut scenes spoilt it for me.

Debating whether to pre order GTA V or go to Tesco/Asda on the morning of release and pick up a copy.

Can't imagine there'll be many places with copies left mate, be lucky to find one on the morning of release.

Worried that the postie won't be able to get it through the riduculously small letter box at my flat and then I won't be able to pick it up until the following day...decisions!

It's out on the day we play Walsall in the league - which I'm going to. So I'll have to wait AN EXTRA DAY before I can get it!

I was going to go to that until I realised the date clash.

The Mrs is at work that night so I will have a FULL uninterupted night of gaming with Wolves on the radio. It's going to be glorius.

EXTREMELY jealous of you guys getting it straight away, gotta wait ages for it to come out on PC :(

Stan, Amazon are selling it for £36 and you will be lucky to get it from a supermarket as most places are doing a midnight launch.

Back