• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Gave in and bought Fifa the other day. :facepalm:

Still ahead of all you slackers and I haven't played since a few weeks after the previous fifa release... Making me feel bad for playing too much. Del Whoppio (I think?) is holding down the leaderboards pretty well though.

sounds bost to me. bad timing to say the least. Hold on for a few months and your replacement is going to be dirt cheap with XBox One on the market, but that is a lot of gaming to miss.

I've managed to install F1 onto the hard drive and trying to do the same with FIFA now. Got GTA IV and San Andreas there too so we'll see.

I don't know why I worried about FIFA. All it does is put me into a foul mood.

I've got a busted xbox out in the shed myself... I'd offer you the drive if I were closer. Such a scam, consoles dying left and right...

I lost my first XBox to red ring of death but the current one is going strong and long may it stay that way. Having said that, I will be buying two Xbox One's as soon as they come out. One for me, one a Christmas present for my boys to have at their mother's house. The backwards compatibility or otherwise doesn't bother me. I will have a 360 with Kinect and an Xbox 1 in the lounge. At least until the next Elder Scrolls game comes out, when I will retire Skyrim and the 360 I reckon.

I don't really understand the backwards compatibility complaint, myself... "I can't play all these 360 games anymore!!" Dude, don't you have a 360? Sitting right there next to the games?

It would be nice but it's certainly not a deal breaker. Most xbox games aren't backwards compatible on the 360 to begin with, and I can't say I know many people busting out decade old games.

Nope, it can't read the disks.

Which xbox is it you have? I've got a spare old xbox (the white one) just lying about I think, I could send you the drive from it if it would work?

Drives are coded to the motherboard, or something like that to prevent interchanging of parts, so you'd need the means to change that coding for it to work.

Cheers for the offers lads. It appears to have found another ounce of life for now, so fingers crossed.

I'll be getting the collectors, both editions look tasty to me.

Apparently with the collectors, you get everything in the Special Edition, and more, so looks like the Collectors for me, it looks awesome. It'll be £60+ I reckon. Wasn't the GTA IV CE £100+?

Well, no Ignite Engine for FIFA 14 PC. Which means that I'll go crazy if I don't get a PS4 or XBO (my OCD will have a field day knowing there's a "better" version of the game out there). Naturally, I don't have the money for all that.

Stupid video games. Stupid companies. Blah.

Well, no Ignite Engine for FIFA 14 PC. Which means that I'll go crazy if I don't get a PS4 or XBO (my OCD will have a field day knowing there's a "better" version of the game out there). Naturally, I don't have the money for all that.

Stupid video games. Stupid companies. Blah.

I thought the exact same, they get a new engine, and we're stuck with the same shite from FIFA 13, cheers EA.

Looks like I'm gonna have to sell my arse to get a PS4/Xbox One.

Back