• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Because some people can't afford a brand new console straight out, so they trade in their old console for the new one and play their current gen games on the new one?

you wont get £30 for an xbox now this has been announced.

you wont get £30 for an xbox now this has been announced.

When the slim came out, Game did an offer, trade in your old xbox, get the new one for £100, I'd imagine that they'd do the same again, so I'd imagine you'd get more than £30.

When the slim came out, Game did an offer, trade in your old xbox, get the new one for £100, I'd imagine that they'd do the same again, so I'd imagine you'd get more than £30.

Well if it happens I hope people can afford it but the gpu's cannot support old xbox games or something like that.

h63D7CAC1

Sony's stock after the xbox announcement

h63D7CAC1

I had an original Xbox, traded it in in order to get my 360. Had loads of Xbox games, never played them again.

Backwards compatibility isn't that necessary IMO.

I had an original Xbox, traded it in in order to get my 360. Had loads of Xbox games, never played them again.

I'm the same the only ps2 game I kept to play on my ps3 (which has backwards support) was san andreas.

People tend to forget to begin with due to the rush of excitement of getting that new console/new games, it's not until after and you think about it that you do miss them, once I had my PS3 Slim, I did miss playing GTA Vice City/San Andreas, but that was it.

Agree that it's not that necessary.

You'll almost certainly be able to download certain 360 games via Xbox Live on the new console.

live action shots from the xbox one of C.O.D: ghosts

Oc1OgZD.jpg

I heard someone on Twitter (who isn't reliable) say it's 70p per game. Which is fuck all.

I brought Saints Row The Third for £12.99 pre-owned yesterday. Its brand new at £22.99 at Blockbusters. So Id say it'll be a bit more then 70p, I reckon it could be £2-50 towards a £5 depending on what game it is. If its Call of Duty they will charge the price of an online pass which was £5.99 (Fifa, etc etc)

I reckon it could be about the same cost as the online passes are, £7 or something like that.

Either way it's stupid to have to pay to use used games. Can't they do what sony did with the vita and cut off achievements.

I buy new games anyway so it's not a huge problem for me but I can understand how this is going to affect a lot of people.

It's a proper shit idea. I often take my games round my mates to play on a Saturday. As in continue with my save game, not let him play them. He buys all his own anyway.

Also, you need to be connected to the net to activate a new game. What if you're between ISP's? You can't play you game.

Re the trading games online, anyone who pays full price for a digital copy instead of a disc is out of their mind. Why risk the hassle of a HDD crash?

It's a proper shit idea. I often take my games round my mates to play on a Saturday. As in continue with my save game, not let him play them. He buys all his own anyway.

Also, you need to be connected to the net to activate a new game. What if you're between ISP's? You can't play you game.

Re the trading games online, anyone who pays full price for a digital copy instead of a disc is out of their mind. Why risk the hassle of a HDD crash?

I agree with all of the above

Back