• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

I don't want the new xbox because I've got my PC, but the thought of playing games with people on here and a couple of other mates makes me want it.

I will say that if they don't update the FIFA 14 engine on PC I'll be forced to buy a console. The bastards. They know how to manipulate me.

I see they have failed to mention about always connected and only original games and no pre-owned stuff. Or did I miss that and that's not going to happen now.

I wanted to hear the always online bit too. And the pre-owned debate is going to piss a lot of people off if that's true.

As a reveal, it did show a lot more than Sony, but E3 will see both companies reveal a lot more.

I see they have failed to mention about always connected and only original games and no pre-owned stuff. Or did I miss that and that's not going to happen now.

They didn't mention it Quirk, just mentioned the console itself, I imagine things like that will be spoken about at either E3 next month, or closer to the release date.

I will say that if they don't update the FIFA 14 engine on PC I'll be forced to buy a console. The bastards. They know how to manipulate me.

Exactly the same Alan, I think I'll probably end up getting one, use my PC to play stuff like Watch Dogs/GTA, then get the console for FIFA/COD, that type of thing.

If xbox manages to get fifa 14 as an exclusive it will kill the ps4 before it starts

If xbox manages to get fifa 14 as an exclusive it will kill the ps4 before it starts

It sounded like FUT would be an Xbox exclusive. I can't imagine that actually being the case, though.

Xbox Live subscription money at work.

Exactly the same Alan, I think I'll probably end up getting one, use my PC to play stuff like Watch Dogs/GTA, then get the console for FIFA/COD, that type of thing.

I'm getting too old for this shit.

No way on this earth will FIFA be an xbox exclusive, they may get exclusive DLC or something, but to limit it to 1 console would hurt EA far too much. Thinking about it, it'll probably be something like extra packs for UT or something stupid like that.

Agreed, they'll never be able to get FIFA as an exclusive. But even if they're starting to get DLC and game modes as exclusives, that's a massive bonus for Microsoft. It's definitely hit CoD players - plenty of PS3 players have moved over to Xbox purely because the 360 had DLC before PS3.

If they do the same with franchises as huge as FIFA, they'll get a lot more converts.

Gotta give it to MS, they know how to pull it off, you think Sony have it, then BOOM, MS pull it out the bag, they are definitely going to get a few more Playstation owners coming over to Xbox, especially if you get some exclusive UT packs or something along those lines.

No way on this earth will FIFA be an xbox exclusive, they may get exclusive DLC or something, but to limit it to 1 console would hurt EA far too much.

Microsoft would pay them well for it but it's Ea the worst company in the world so they may do it anyway.

Microsoft would pay them well for it but it's Ea the worst company in the world so they may do it anyway.

MS couldn't pay them enough to make it an exclusive, you think of the amount of people who buy the game, then the packs on UT, they just wouldn't do it. EA aren't that bad, they do have shit servers and whatever, but they've scrapped the online pass which is a step in the right direction.

still I'm getting a ps4, I just think it will be better.

Looks like UT is the exclusive that the Xbox One will have.

EA SPORTS FIFA

#FUT14 will be coming to both the PS4 and #XboxOne. Exclusive content for #XboxOne. #FIFA14

Below that on the article I read was this.

Original Story: During today’s press conference, EA Sports announced that FIFA‘s heralded Ultimate Team mode will be exclusive to the Xbox One in FIFA 14.

I've seen people on twitter moaning about that. I can't see why people care when most people have an xbox 360 already

Because some people can't afford a brand new console straight out, so they trade in their old console for the new one and play their current gen games on the new one?

Back