• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Picked up my GOW: Judgement pre-order just now.

Marvellous.

Picked up my GOW: Judgement pre-order just now.

Marvellous.

Just picked up my pre-order also. Got a cup and lanyard with mine from Tesco. Also the game was £29 if I bought 2100 microsoft points.

just picked up gears of war 3 for 12 quid. Must say it is very similar to the others - but as I loved them I think its ace! There is nothing like chainsawing a locust! Haven't tried the multiplayer yet. It may tempt me t get the new one!

just picked up gears of war 3 for 12 quid. Must say it is very similar to the others - but as I loved them I think its ace! There is nothing like chainsawing a locust! Haven't tried the multiplayer yet. It may tempt me t get the new one!

First post in a few days as I've a break from shifting boxes!!

Don't trade GOW3 in for Judgment because there's a massive issue I have with the new game.

No Horde. Easily the best game type, mega-addictive and they've only gone and fucking ditched it! Instead, there's a mode called survival which works in a similar way, but there are only 4 classes and you can't use any other weapons other than the default ones you have. You can't pick up any other weapon. You can't change your load out. You can only reload if someone else has the 'soldier' class equipped (special ability: ammo drops). No other way to do it. Weird.

Also, you can't play as locust against CPU-COGs like you can in Beast Mode in GOW3. Utterly ridiculous - it's still fun but why they've put so many restrictions on it is anyone's guess.

So I'm keeping hold of GOW3 for Horde sessions and hoping they release a version for Judgment (doubt they will though as its a sizeable game mode).

Other than that, Judgment is decent enough - the campaign is brilliant with some excellent touches (declassified missions add extra depth to things).

I just cannot fathom why they've omitted the best and most popular part of the game and restricted the supposed 'update' to it so severely.

It appears that sony have revised the release window for the ps4 and are now stating that it will launch in at least 1 of the 3 main market places in 2013.

Weren't they originally trying to launch it something like Dec 29th? The most ridiculously stupid console release date of all time.

Weren't they originally trying to launch it something like Dec 29th? The most ridiculously stupid console release date of all time.

december 26th would be worse obviously but 1st week of November would be the best.

Well, having finished Far Cry 3 (Very enjoyable 93 hours) I'm back in Skyrim to play all the new DLC plus some mods.

And you know when you realise how much you love a game - I almost forgot how much fun it is. Having a great time just wondering around again. What a game!

I got a code for Batman Arkham City if anyone wants it. Xbox 360 download only.

PM'd you the code Darlo. Have fun.

I've also got a code for gears of war 1. Also an Xbox download only.

I've also got a code for gears of war 1. Also an Xbox download only.

I'll have one of those as well actually as it came in GOW: Judgment. So if Bandy's goes, PM me and you can have mine.

Bandy - how are you finding Judgment? As annoyed as I am with the lack of Horde?

I'll take a code if somebody has got one - cheers!

If Bandy hasn't sent you his by the time I get home later tonight, I'll text you mine.

I haven't played that much of it to be honest. It looks good and I like the new multiplayer maps with all the different layouts.

I can PM you the code when I get home if Langers hasn't done this first. Whoever PMs first will have to leave a comment in here.

No worries.

As I'm not on XBL at the mo I've been playing a lot of Lego: Lord of the Rings. Probably my favourite of the Lego games due to the excellent layout of the Middle Earth map. Probably not as funny as other titles but it's an excellent adaptation of the films. I'm currently going for all the collectables to get 1000G - some of the Mithril objects are a real pain in the arse to find though.

Just got my first paycheck and felt like i'd spend some of it on a game, what would you guys recommend? Suitably for Xbox! I've had a brief look around but nothing has really caught me.

Back