• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2017/18 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neymar confirmed then.

The transfer market now means Doherty is valued at £25m

The same as one of his weekend bar bills?

Neymar is fantastic tbf. He's better than Rivaldo ever was and at one point he was the best player in the world. It's just that Cron and Messi are freaks and block out everyone else from that status.

There is not a player on earth worth the silly money being reported. Football transfers markets are now totally out of control.

It is a natural inflation from a) bigger tv deals b) bigger sponsorship and c) wealthier owners

The actual cost of a Neymar means no different to me as a fan than if it were £1m

And if we are lucky to be on this merry-go-round one day, any inflation in match price tickets and season tickets would be small beer as part of any fee like this. So we don't REALLY pay ourselves that much. Sky do. So the big fees are just numbers really.

The same as one of his weekend bar bills?

I think beer prices were a little cheaper back then. And for what it is worth, in my opinion George Best was a far better player than Neymar will ever be.

Well you can count me out. I have no interest in watching a billionaire's willy waving contest to be honest. There comes a point at which winning has no actual merit.

As I said before, Leicester are the only team outside of the Wolves to have piqued my interest in many years, and that was a perfect storm.

I think beer prices were a little cheaper back then. And for what it is worth, in my opinion George Best was a far better player than Neymar will ever be.

Of course he was - Best was probably (in my humble opinion) second only to Pele as the all time greatest. No doubt fans of people like Di Stefano will want to disagree, but that is where I would pitch George Best. Plus he drank Cristal and Dom Perignon. Usually off Miss World's tits.

Probably don't get enough coverage here and were in the shadows of Leicester's achievement. Monaco last year I followed a bit and sadly they've been stripped bare this summer.

If they sell Mbappe then they will have a funds level similar to what Barca are getting. Monaco can do a lot with that.

Not the Monaco way these days though. I'd hope fosun's plan for wolves is similar to the way they operate - spend big to get up and then invest in really good young prospects.

Not the Monaco way these days though. I'd hope fosun's plan for wolves is similar to the way they operate - spend big to get up and then invest in really good young prospects.
Aye

not just young prospects though..you need a balance with older with experience too

There is not a player on earth worth the silly money being reported. Football transfers markets are now totally out of control.

Forgive me for asking the obvious, but... So what?

And forgive me for harping on two of your posts in succession, but this is a pointless comparison that means less than fuck all. Football in Best's time and football in Neymar's time are not comparable.

Drinkwater is supposedly off to Chelsea for £37m. It's beyond madness now.

Drinkwater is supposedly off to Chelsea for £37m. It's beyond madness now.
Hugely more ridiculous than the Neymar fee.

Why would Chelsea be interested in him in the first place??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back