• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2015/16 - Everything Not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are throwing a fair amount of money at it certainly. Will be interesting to see how it unfolds for them over the next couple of months.

Mark Davies could be off to Sheff Wed.

Polar opposites to Wolves in their team building process, they have a few players who are well capable of playing off the striker. Perhaps Mark Davies could be used in front of the back four. Sheffield Wednesday do look play off possibilities.

Fulham are considering cashing in Ross McCormack to Middlesbrough for a record fee outside the top flight. Not sure of the figure, but it seems those in contention are really going for it. If Moussa Dembélé also leaves, Fulham could be in the market for a high class Championship striker.

Can't understand why they'd go for him. They're the best side in the division by a mile with an outstanding defence so they're always going to be in with a chance in any game as they simply don't concede. Their record at home defence wise is astonishingly good.

McCormack doesn't strike me as somebody who will make the step up when they get promoted.

I like him, for me McCormack is one of the best all round talents in the Championship.

As his record shows he is one of the best goalscorers in this league much as Rhodes is, personally I don't think either would be effective in the Prem

McCormack is nearly 30 and has never been on the radar of any Premier League teams as far as I know. He has his ceiling and this is emphatically it, why spend big on someone highly unlikely to be capable a division higher? Like when we signed Leon.

Karanka does like to play two up front, well one off the striker so looking at how David Nugent plays McCormack looks a perfect foil. If he adds enough to get them over the line this season I see that as money well spent.

They should get over the line with what they have, and comfortably. Why waste the money now? Save it for the summer when they will really need it.

They don't need it, much as City didn't need Macken and we didn't need Leon. They'll win the league anyway.

I would always look to add from a position of strength, especially strikers who generally are the game changers.

I would always look to add from a position of strength, especially strikers who generally are the game changers.

I agree with the approach, it's who they're going for.

Nugent has more PL pedigree than McCormack and they already own him.

The Berby fan at work said to me yesterday that they were in for McCormack.

Celtic chasing £2.5m rated Nantes and Iceland striker Kolbeinn Sigthorsson.

Nantes chief Waldemar Kita said: “We’re a little disappointed with what’s happened with Kolbeinn.

“We’re doing everything possible to put him on the field in a perfect shape.

“He’s a real footballer but I’m not sure we have the know-how to accommodate this type of player.

“It’s a mistake on my part and on our part. However, the player must also put more into the cause.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-chasing-25m-rated-nantes-7154972

Bournemouth have now also signed Lewis Grabban for £7m. Certainly upgrading their strikeforce.

Newcastle apparently agreed a £12m fee with Swansea for Shelvey, I like him but seems a bit pricey that.

And he's not even been in the team of late really. Crazy price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back