• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2015/16 - Everything Not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm just used to American sports where contracts really don't mean a damn thing, but I think you may be overestimating the value of contracts.

Weren't Fletcher and Jarvis still under contract at Wolves when we sold them? Not as if we needed to get rid.

I'll deal with both of those but in a different order.

Fletcher and Jarvis were playing for a team that had just been relegated. The equivalent at the level here would be missing out on Champions League football. City wont do that for the foreseeable future, if ever again. Therefore in the same ball park as Real.

I may be over-estimating the value of a contract slightly, but the fact is City have ENORMOUS power over the player who is peeved compared to other clubs because frankly letting a player rot to the end of his contract in the reserves is the equivalent of me spending £3.40 to go for a pint.

If City wanted too, it would be no problem at all to beat Real. The Makhtoums are insanely wealthy and on top of that you have the new TV deal. City will be the highest payers in the world within two seasons.

Can't see anyone earning more than Neymar, Messi and Ronaldo for the forseable future, and none of them are likely to be at City any time soon.

Aye, and Robbie Keane's childhood dream was to play for LA Galaxy.

Bit different though isn't it. I genuinely think Aguero wants to win trophies at City, he might go but he's going to cost an absolute fortune if he does.

Can't see anyone earning more than Neymar, Messi and Ronaldo for the forseable future, and none of them are likely to be at City any time soon.

We'll see. The first £400k a week footballer will be playing in England. Obviously, the tax systems may have a say too.

Geoffrey Kondogbia is finalising a 5 year contract with Inter. €35m + €3m in bonuses to Monaco. €4.5m + bonuses to the player.

Third most expensive signing in Inter's history behind Christian Vieri and Hernan Crespo.

Anyway Mark is right. If Aguero did leave (and it would be against the club's wishes) then City would want better than Jackson Martinez to replace him. He is a good striker but nearly 29 and has never played in a better league than the Portuguese top flight. It would be like Wolves selling Afobe and signing Simon Cox to replace him.

Bit different though isn't it. I genuinely think Aguero wants to win trophies at City, he might go but he's going to cost an absolute fortune if he does.

Guess we'll see!

We'll see. The first £400k a week footballer will be playing in England. Obviously, the tax systems may have a say too.

I'm not so sure, Messi has got another 5 years left at least; Neymar best part of 10, going to be a hell of a player that manages to usurp those two.

Geoffrey Kondogbia is finalising a 5 year contract with Inter. €35m + €3m in bonuses to Monaco. €4.5m + bonuses to the player.

Third most expensive signing in Inter's history behind Christian Vieri and Hernan Crespo.

Good move for Inter. Not sure I'd have wanted to go there if I was Kondogbia but he's a really good player.

Anyway Mark is right. If Aguero did leave (and it would be against the club's wishes) then City would want better than Jackson Martinez to replace him. He is a good striker but nearly 29 and has never played in a better league than the Portuguese top flight. It would be like Wolves selling Afobe and signing Simon Cox to replace him.

Absolutely they would want better. What if City went completely FFP-idiotic and invoked the Messi buyout clause? They actually could afford it just in terms of cash in the bank to cover the deal. No guarantee that the player would want to move obviously, but City could pay that, get bollocked by UEFA and then what? Would they seriously say your team can't play, with the player that most of the audience want to see removed from their premier competition? It would cost about £800m in total outlay to get Messi. For City, that is the equivalent for me of a good Friday night piss up and a seriously good meal in the Bilash.

Good move for Inter. Not sure I'd have wanted to go there if I was Kondogbia but he's a really good player.

Inter will be a force again. With the money they're throwing around, I'd back them to be the first to knock Juve off their perch.

Are Inter staying at the San Siro if AC build their own smaller capacity ground a la Juventus stadium? That could make a difference in budget for the two clubs.

Messi and Ronaldo are on 500k plus pre tax already.

Inter will be a force again. With the money they're throwing around, I'd back them to be the first to knock Juve off their perch.

Assuming they make Santon permanent from Newcastle...

Handanovic

Santon - Ranocchia - Jesus - Nagatomo/Dodo

Hernanes - Kondogbia

Shaqiri - Kovacic - Icardi

Palacio

Not awful, but still really needing help in defense.

Are Inter staying at the San Siro if AC build their own smaller capacity ground a la Juventus stadium? That could make a difference in budget for the two clubs.

Inter are owned by an Indonesian billionaire, that's where it's all coming from.

Messi and Ronaldo are on 500k plus pre tax already.

I thought they were on somewhere like 375-380 but I will happily concede to your greater knowledge. Therefore I will adjust it to the first £750k per week player and the concept still works in that City will in my opinion destroy wage structures in Champions League clubs.

I think we'll see £1m within too long!

Assuming they make Santon permanent from Newcastle...

Handanovic

Santon - Ranocchia - Jesus - Nagatomo/Dodo

Hernanes - Kondogbia

Shaqiri - Kovacic - Icardi

Palacio

Not awful, but still really needing help in defense.

I doubt they'll play 4 at the back. Medel, Brozovic and D'Ambrosio in and around that XI as well, plus a hell of a lot more money to spend. Worth an outside bet for the Scudetto IMO.

IIRC Mancini had gone to a 4-3-1-2 at the end of last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back