• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2015/16 - Everything Not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't see that one personally.

Don't see Benzema fitting in with how Arsenal play, if Real Madrid needed to replace him in their team they'd be better off just moving Ronaldo central and having Rodriquez and Bale either side of him, I imagine City would aim higher than Martinez if they were trying to replace their star player.

Don't see that one personally.

Don't see Benzema fitting in with how Arsenal play, if Real Madrid needed to replace him in their team they'd be better off just moving Ronaldo central and having Rodriquez and Bale either side of him, I imagine City would aim higher than Martinez if they were trying to replace their star player.

Ronaldo has never liked playing centrally IIRC.

Also think that's a bit harsh on JMart, obviously he's not Aguero but I think he's a very good all-around forward.

I imagine they would. They'd be fucked if he left.

He should be knocking on the door though if they achieve nothing in Europe this season.

Benzema's not really an Arsenal type of signing, 28 this year and would cost north of £40m. When they have shelled out that kind of money on Alexis and Özil they were much younger.

Ronaldo has never liked playing centrally IIRC.

Also think that's a bit harsh on JMart, obviously he's not Aguero but I think he's a very good all-around forward.

Not saying Martinez is a bad player but he's not on the same level as Aguero, so if you're trying to apease the fans after losing the latter then low balling them isn't really going to pay off.

City's owners are richer than Croesus. They can stop him no problem at all.

City's owners are richer than Croesus. They can stop him no problem at all.

Aye but it's not good for business to keep a wantaway player. His wages are exorbitant already; how much does money really change things when you're already making £150k/week?

Not saying Martinez is a bad player but he's not on the same level as Aguero, so if you're trying to apease the fans after losing the latter then low balling them isn't really going to pay off.

Marti has a lot of upside, IMHO. It's a lot to say he'd ever match Aguero (it'd be a lot to put that on any striker tbf) but I think he'd hit 20 goals without breaking too much of a sweat.

£300k a week is loose change to them. They don't care. They want to win the Champions League. No chance that Real can offer more wage than City can.

£300k a week is loose change to them. They don't care. They want to win the Champions League. No chance that Real can offer more wage than City can.

Right, but that's my point, his wages are already so high how much difference does it make to him? Real Madrid are still much more attractive than Manchester City as far as romance goes.

He is under contract. I would be staggered if there is even a realistic release clause in there. City can just keep hold of him and bully poor little Real off the hand. The owners have a combined net worth of somewhere approaching £500 billion.

None of your points are wrong, of course, I just think you may be underestimated the allure a club like Madrid has.

It's like footballers with dual-nationality for, say, France and Algeria. Who do you think they'd rather play for?

Agreed too, but if Algeria hold the registration and are worth multiple times the value of France then what can the player do until the end of his contract?

Really?

Real pay monstrous wages.

Ronaldo will play through the middle this season. He has done since Christmas anyway.

Agreed too, but if Algeria hold the registration and are worth multiple times the value of France then what can the player do until the end of his contract?

Maybe I'm just used to American sports where contracts really don't mean a damn thing, but I think you may be overestimating the value of contracts.

Weren't Fletcher and Jarvis still under contract at Wolves when we sold them? Not as if we needed to get rid.

If City wanted too, it would be no problem at all to beat Real. The Makhtoums are insanely wealthy and on top of that you have the new TV deal. City will be the highest payers in the world within two seasons.

Hasn't Aguero already come out and said he wants to stay at City and wants to win everything with them? Obviously footballers say stuff all the time but Aguero strikes me as wanting to do it at City.

Hasn't Aguero already come out and said he wants to stay at City and wants to win everything with them? Obviously footballers say stuff all the time but Aguero strikes me as wanting to do it at City.

Aye, and Robbie Keane's childhood dream was to play for LA Galaxy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back