• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2015/16 - Everything Not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
But then you look at the Pedro situation - a player who'd have been absolutely perfect in that RW role, they haggle over a couple of million for a top, top player and end up missing out. Now they're spending absolutely insane money on a 19 year old with a patchy record. Bonkers.

Once they'd messed up the Pedro deal then they needed to be looking at a Reus or a Draxler. Maybe even Götze as he doesn't play anywhere near as much as he should. Martial might end up being brilliant of course but hard to see him making a huge impact immediately.

How much did Wolfsburg pay for Draxler?

Around €36m reportedly.

I don't think United are done yet. Id expect Mane

Do you not feel a little uneasy with the money United are throwing around since Fergie left? I know that there's a lot of pressure to keep up with Man City/Chelsea but it feels a bit strange seeing United 'descend to their level' as it were.

Thought there was a rumour about Charlie Austin btw?

Do you not feel a little uneasy with the money United are throwing around since Fergie left? I know that there's a lot of pressure to keep up with Man City/Chelsea but it feels a bit strange seeing United 'descend to their level' as it were.

I don't like it one bit.

As for Austin [emoji23]

The worst of it is that Van Gaal has been given that level of money and has them playing that style of football. Either sterile possession or hammering the ball at Fellaini's loaf, nothing else.

Can't see Southampton selling Mane unless the bid is absolutely ridiculous.

They really need to sort themselves out though. Losing their best players every window like this can not be good for them.

Not much Southampton can do about it really, unless they can step it up another gear and regularly get European football then they're always going to be destined to lose their top players at some point. Wouldn't be so bad if they were losing say two of their top stars every summer but they've had people chasing half their first team the last two years, it's a miracle they've managed to keep improving really.

What is clear(or must be if youre not LVG) is that they now need two strikers in..surely they must do it, otherwise they are screwed..
Fucking hell, what is that to spend like £35m on a 19 year old that scored like 11 goals for monaco since 2013? I have heard he is a real talent but a lot of pressure on a kid...

Barry Bannan apparently gone to Wednesday, could be useful.

Probably means he wants to go to Norwich - their fans are really weird about the ex Ipswich thing...

To be fair he was never likely to get much out of Stoke this time round, they've made some pretty big strides to move away from the Pulis legacy with their summer recruitment and as useful as he's been for them Walters' face doesn't really fit with that attempted change so whilst they probably wouldn't have minded keeping him around for backup the money on offer would've reflected that.

Norwich City have signed striker Dieumerci Mbokani on loan from Dynamo Kiev. One hopes they have given up on Afobe now.

Brown Ideye to Olympiacos. Shocking footballer, no wonder Albion ripped out all of last year's backroom staff.

He was at the time - £10m or something - it's Rondon now. I cannot fathom what anyone scouting him ever saw to be fitting of that kind of money, if he'd cost a tenth of that as a bit of a wild gamble then maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back