• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2015/16 - Everything Not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder what City will do if they manage to get him.

Got to be straight into the first team at the money they'll be paying but will he replace Navas out on the right or does Silva shift out right, with license to tuck in like Sterling has on the left, giving the new man his favoured central position?

Navas will get pushed out of the starting XI I reckon and KdB will just go there, he's played well early on this season but generally he flatters to deceive. I don't think you'd want to move Silva at all, get him in the areas where he can best influence the game.

Silva - De Bruyne - Sterling

IMO.

There's little doubt it'll end up as KdB, Silva and Sterling as the three behind Aguero, Navas just doesn't do enough for me in a team of City's standing, little more than a pace merchant.

I think there might be a bit of shuffling around with who goes where though, I think Sterling is generally better wide but the other two both do their best work through the middle so it'll be interesting to see who spends more time in a wider berth. I suppose KdB has bit a more pace to put to use in wider areas but then with Silva being left footed probably offers a bit more symmetry to what Sterling is doing on the other side, tucking inside and allowing the fullback to bomb on. You could quite easily see a pretty fluid arrangement between the three of them, and Nasri too when he's involved in one of their places, none of them would be completely out of place in any of the 3 positions so could cause all sorts of trouble if they get the balance right.

De Bruyne has a bad relationship with playing wide right IIRC, I imagine he'd only have joined/will join City if they've told him he'll be central. More likely I think Aguero's party of three will be fluid in practice.

If Kevin can assist Bas Dost like he has it's scary to think how good he and Aguero could be if they get along properly.

He and Sterling are signings of intent for sure, they really need to be making more of a mark on Europe. As it is they've struggled to lay a glove on the top teams whenever they've faced off in games that have really mattered.

If City move Silva from playing in the middle then they have lost the plot, that's his best position and he's arguably their best player so you have to play him there.

I think it's attitude as much as anything that lets them down in the real big games, too many of their attacking players don't always do whats required in the other direction when they're coming up against the top sides and that lets them down, been well documented with Toure but Silva and Nasri are often no better. Sterling should help rectify that, he's already been doing some good work covering for Kolarov when their attacking forays don't go to plan, but from what I saw for Wolfsburg last season KdB often slacks off in that regard so might be a bit of adapting to do for him there.

Of course that could be solved to some extent by ditching Toure for someone more dependable in the big games, give your front four some opportunity to cheat on the defensive work a bit if you've got a really solid 6 behind them, like Mourinho's Inter side. Problem then being that you lose what Toure can offer going forwards, always got it in him to be a game changer.

He's just as good from the left, IMO. And that allows Kolarov to get forward where he is undoubtedly more effective.

I think it's attitude as much as anything that lets them down in the real big games, too many of their attacking players don't always do whats required in the other direction when they're coming up against the top sides and that lets them down, been well documented with Toure but Silva and Nasri are often no better. Sterling should help rectify that, he's already been doing some good work covering for Kolarov when their attacking forays don't go to plan, but from what I saw for Wolfsburg last season KdB often slacks off in that regard so might be a bit of adapting to do for him there.

Of course that could be solved to some extent by ditching Toure for someone more dependable in the big games, give your front four some opportunity to cheat on the defensive work a bit if you've got a really solid 6 behind them, like Mourinho's Inter side. Problem then being that you lose what Toure can offer going forwards, always got it in him to be a game changer.

Toure has disgraceful performances in him but like Sako he can net you a goal or even a hat trick out of absolutely nothing so it's difficult to make a case for dropping him.

Toure has disgraceful performances in him but like Sako he can net you a goal or even a hat trick out of absolutely nothing so it's difficult to make a case for dropping him.

Every now and again you've got to make the decision whether it's better off trying to sacrifice some talent in favour of dependability in order to grind out a 1-0 rather than take the gamble on it ending up 3-0 for or against you.

Not my usual mantra but means to an end football has a time and a place, occassionally.

If Delph hasn't been bought purely for HG reasons then you'd think it's to give them a bit more of a defensive presence and intensity at times, you'd then either have to drop Yaya or put him behind Aguero and drop one of the three (Sterling maybe).

A three of Toure - Kevin - Silva would be very short of pace.

de Bruyne isn't THAT slow and Toure can still get through the gears when he's got open ground ahead of him, they wouldn't be darting past people like Sterling but they'd have enough about them to pose a threat a good threat on the counter if they're setting up in a more conservative fashion, especially with Aguero up top to stretch the game with his pace.

Yeah, Yaya only runs like a 52 year old when it's heading back towards his own goal. Funny that.

He always looks a bit of a plodder even when he's giving it the beans anyway but I'd bet he'd still be near the top of the list of players that most wouldn't fancy chasing after on the break.

Kevin-Prince Boateng has failed three medicals this summer as Schalke try to get rid. First with Sporting CP, then with an unnamed Turkish club, and now with Al Ittihad.

Burnley FC @BurnleyOfficial ·

Burnley are delighted to announce the signing of @Joey7Barton on a free transfer. #WelcomeJoey

Burnley FC @BurnleyOfficial ·

Burnley are delighted to announce the signing of @Joey7Barton on a free transfer. #WelcomeJoey

at the end of last season Barton was tweeting that he would not be playing the Championship. Well played Josie, well played

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back