• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2015/16 - Everything Not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes surprised that Pep would take him, he usually goes for players who think before they act.

I'm not surprised Pep would have him, he's a top quality midfielder. I just think it's a poor decision from the player, I don't think it'll suit his all action style at all, he'll just be mincing around the centre of the park playing 10 yard passes to any one of the other 25345234 central midfielders that they seem to have at Bayern now, so much more freedom to express himself at Juve and make the most of other aspects of his game. Much like Lewandowski is still a brilliant finisher for Bayern but doesn't get half as involved in the build up play as he did at Dortmund, he's gone from being the focal point to merely adding a final flourish, it's a waste of his talents.

I'm not surprised Pep would have him, he's a top quality midfielder. I just think it's a poor decision from the player, I don't think it'll suit his all action style at all, he'll just be mincing around the centre of the park playing 10 yard passes to any one of the other 25345234 central midfielders that they seem to have at Bayern now, so much more freedom to express himself at Juve and make the most of other aspects of his game. Much like Lewandowski is still a brilliant finisher for Bayern but doesn't get half as involved in the build up play as he did at Dortmund, he's gone from being the focal point to merely adding a final flourish, it's a waste of his talents.

I agree, Vidal is the best box to box midfielder in the world at the moment but Bayern don't play like that.

I think too many players get taken in by the reputation of clubs and managers, or just the cash on offer half the time, when making decisions on their future.

I mean on the face of it you're going to one of the biggest clubs in the World, working with one of the most successful managers going so it seems like a no brainer but that doesn't always mean it's going to be the best move for you.

You wonder about Benteke and his possible move to Liverpool in that respect, unless Rodgers seriously changes from what he has always done then he isn't really likely to fit there at all, he thrives on crosses and they don't cross the ball.

I think too many players get taken in by the reputation of clubs and managers, or just the cash on offer half the time, when making decisions on their future.

I mean on the face of it you're going to one of the biggest clubs in the World, working with one of the most successful managers going so it seems like a no brainer but that doesn't always mean it's going to be the best move for you.

Works in other respects as well, if I'm a half decent Premier league player at Leicester City I want out because I know Claudio Ranieri will probably fuck me about and put my career on hold or send it into a tailspin.

They'll have to rely on the full backs.

Milner can put a good ball in but I'd imagine he'll play centrally.

Downing should be a very good signing for Boro.

Wonder what wages he's on there. Still doing a good job in the premier League last season.

Looks like Jonny Evans is on his way to Everton. £8m. From an England standpoint I hope this doesn't affect Stones' playing time.

Looks like Jonny Evans is on his way to Everton. £8m. From an England standpoint I hope this doesn't affect Stones' playing time.

Sky reporting everton just rejected a bid of £20m from Chelsea for Stones.

And no sooner have I posted that, Sky say Chelsea have bid £20m for Stones (turned down).

Edit: Beat me to it Deano.

Stones needs to keep playing regular football.

Downing should be a very good signing for Boro.

Wonder what wages he's on there. Still doing a good job in the premier League last season.

My Middlesbrough STH mate is confident that Bamford is going back for another season long loan as well.

Think they signed a striker from Espanyol for about £2.5m yesterday too.

Yeh, Stuani.

From Barcelona to Middlesbrough. Poor bloke.

Apparently, Delph to City might be back on.

With the Benteke news, my Facebook feed will be comedy gold if that happens.

It will affect his playing time..guess it will be jags with evans most games

Martinez needs locking up if he does that.

3 at the back?

Apparently, Delph to City might be back on.

With the Benteke news, my Facebook feed will be comedy gold if that happens.

Just seen a video of Delph leaving after his medical, it certainly looks like him. Rumours he'll be wearing shirt number 360 next season.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back