• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2015/16 - Everything Not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
He likes his wingbacks, does Bobby.

Not sure about that. He played that system for about two months at Wigan but that is it.

Delph confirmed as leaving Villa for City. Really disappointed by him after his comments this week.

Delph confirmed as leaving Villa for City. Really disappointed by him after his comments this week.

The only mitigating factor would be if it's Villa that have ended up nudging him towards the exit door. They bought Gueye thinking they needed to replace Delph, then he said he was staying...maybe they can't afford to have both. Or Gueye wouldn't play if Delph were still there so it would have been wasted money. Unlikely but you never know.

Morgan Schneiderlin scored the winner for Manchester United within 5 minutes against Club America (Mexico). Juan Mata had the assist. United won the match 1-0.

Listening to talkshite this morning. Villa fans aren't very bright are they?

Blaming Delph for not negotiating a higher release fee! Why would he do that? If anything it's Villa's fault. Yes they were in a poor position and now at least they get 8 rather than 0, but they should have said to Delph "come on mate, your worth more than that and City are still gonna bid if it's £12-15m, do us a favour".

This also completely offsets the overspend on Sterling. £57m for two young England starters is reasonable business

Delph has said Micah Richards convinced him to change his mind about signing for City. Stiched him up good and proper with the Villa fans there before he's even played a game for them

Patrick Roberts in talks to join Manchester City, confirms Symons. 5 million rising to 11 million.

"It’s progressing, it’s fair to say," Symons told BBC Sport. "He’s in serious talks with them so we’ll have to wait and see.

“He’s handed in a transfer request and he’s only got one year left on his contract.

“We want to keep all of our best players and build for the future but there comes a point where you have to do the right thing for the football club. If it is £11m it’ll be nice to get.

“It’ll be a shame to lose one of our bright young talents but I need to have people who are committed and want to play for the club.

“He could sign a pre-contract agreement abroad in January and walk away for next to nothing. We’re mindful of that and we’ve had numerous discussions with the chairman about it.

“I sat down with Pat and his parents and we told him how much we valued him and wanted him at the football club but they’ve made their minds up that this is what they wanted to do.”

Roberts would become City's third major signing of the summer transfer window after they completed deals for Raheem Sterling and Fabian Delph earlier this week.

Symons, meanwhile, has rejected claims Scott Parker could also be leaving the Championship club for Bournemouth, saying: "That’s just speculation. We’ve certainly heard nothing about that.”

Delph has said Micah Richards convinced him to change his mind about signing for City. Stiched him up good and proper with the Villa fans there before he's even played a game for them

That was poor for Delph if anything - he has to realise how fans would react to that?!

Reports in Portugal suggest that Edin Džeko is closing in on a move to FC Porto.

Weird, thought he was off to Rome for sure after they missed out on Bacca and Martinez.

Benteke is having a medical at Liverpool. I presume that Villa have players lined up, as they will have lost two of their best players in a matter of days.

Delph has already been replaced, they signed Idrissa Gueye before he left. They'll have known for a while Benteke was almost certainly off, just a case of waiting for Liverpool to sell Sterling. Adebayor has been mentioned on a season loan, I can't stand him and his attitude but Sherwood got him playing at Spurs.

Delph has already been replaced, they signed Idrissa Gueye before he left. They'll have known for a while Benteke was almost certainly off, just a case of waiting for Liverpool to sell Sterling. Adebayor has been mentioned on a season loan, I can't stand him and his attitude but Sherwood got him playing at Spurs.

At the risk of trolling, you can see how the best prepared clubs are approaching transfers. The same cannot be said at Wolves at the moment.

It seems the Sterling transfer was the key to a lot of activity along with the Schneiderlien transfer at Man Utd.

Johnny, do you think we are possibly struggling at the moment as Webber has left?

I noticed our academy head of recruitment left for Burnley (and I know a first team scout has also joined Burnley). Along with the new goalkeeper coach Williams, and needing to appoint a new u18s coach we are in a bit of a transition at the moment.

You would think the groundwork for this summer would have been laid before Webber left (I suspect he was being marginalised anyway with Thelwell having more influence, hence him leaving).

Too early to be slamming the club at the moment I feel, things can change dramatically in a very short space of time and our business goes under the radar quite a lot, the gap between Coady being vaguely linked with us and him signing was about 24 hours. I'm sure Newcastle fans were frothing at their zero business last week but Wijnaldum has signed now and it looks like Mitrovic is on his way - and the landscape has changed.

Johnny, do you think we are possibly struggling at the moment as Webber has left?

I noticed our academy head of recruitment left for Burnley (and I know a first team scout has also joined Burnley). Along with the new goalkeeper coach Williams, and needing to appoint a new u18s coach we are in a bit of a transition at the moment.

Whatever has happened at backroom level has happened since Jan. I don't know why and Wolves have kept this particularly quiet. The academy head of recruitment had only been in post for 18 months and the new Burnley scout was also bought in with him. Both were bought in under the auspices of getting more from local youngsters. That has clearly changed.

That is a fair chunk of back room staff to have gone and suggests a change in strategy. This must be driven from somewhere but to what end, our academy has recruited well on the face of it over the last 2 years so to change it is an odd thing to do. Clearly the coaching needs to change as they weren't winning anything at all which isn't good for development.
Coming back to Webber, I've never rated him so it was no surprise to see him gone.

It's more the lack of replacements that have surprised.

You would think the groundwork for this summer would have been laid before Webber left (I suspect he was being marginalised anyway with Thelwell having more influence, hence him leaving).

Too early to be slamming the club at the moment I feel, things can change dramatically in a very short space of time and our business goes under the radar quite a lot, the gap between Coady being vaguely linked with us and him signing was about 24 hours. I'm sure Newcastle fans were frothing at their zero business last week but Wijnaldum has signed now and it looks like Mitrovic is on his way - and the landscape has changed.

Don't underestimate KJ's influence in his player selection. Almost every player we've spent money on (or been linked to) in th least 12 months KJ has been linked to or had in the past. Coady is the exception I think. Webber has been marginalised since Jan. The trouble with this approach is Jackett has been average at best with recruitment at all of his clubs.

I hoped we had turned a corner in strategy but clearly this has changed back to an old fashioned style. That is nothing but a bad thing IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back