• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2015/16 - Everything Not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree Dan, we could easily have a couple of signings in the pipeline, K-Mac sign a new contract and then everyone will be very happy, myself included! We have to wait and see, though we said similar last summer which is the only part that worries me.

The first team scout who left is a lecturer/coach at my uni so I might ask him when I get back why he left. Just may have Been a better job offer. Didn't Webber essentially get a promotion, he's now doing at Huddersfield what Thelwell is here isn't he?

not sure YW on the promotion. That is how Wolves OS painted it but we don't know what the role is at H'field and he could've been pushed.

Scouts are odd and it could be anything from Wolves dropping their money, a change of approach at Burnley or just knowing somebody different and not liking the regime they are working for. I know some clubs that have appointed a new head of recruitment and sacked all the staff whereas others see potential in retained staff. It does suggest a change of direction and I wouldn't be surprised if Jamie Johnson was named as Wolves new head of recruitment.

The Academy Manager post at Wolves should be a bigger draw than Burnley and that is odd as to why we've lost him to essentially the same job at a smaller club with worse facilities.

He is Mel Johnson's son right? He worked under KJ at Millwall but then if you say KJ's track record in recruitment isn't great maybe that's not a great solution.

He is, cracking bloke and yes not a great solution. If I liken our situation to the top clubs in England, more often than not the manager will not have the final say on the players that are brought to him but will on the final player bought. The mangers and DoF's/ recruitment heads trust one another to do their jobs and in the main this works well.

We seem to be buying players the manager knows (with RvlP the exception) and our scouting system seems broken.

The youth team strategy overcomes this and is the reason IMO we have a very good youth crop coming through.

Didier Drogba in talks with MLS, apparently Chicago is willing to offer him a 2 year, $2.5million annual contract.

Chuffing hell. I'm old, slow, past it and have bad hair too - do you thing I've got a chance?

The general feeling here is about the same - he had his chance to come here and he went to China as well. As a Chicago supporter, I don't particularly want him, especially at that price.

Still, he is better than what we've got...

He's got a classy midfield behind him to give him the supply.

Bet the Middlesbrough fans are shocked, seemed nailed on he would do another stint there despite the fact that he needs to test himself at a higher level now

He's got a classy midfield behind him to give him the supply.

Indeed, I'd back almost anyone to score in front of the likes of Cabaye.

Jedinak McArthur

Zaha Cabaye Bolasie

Bamford​

????????

Think Jedinak is out of favor, push Cabaye deep and play one of Chamakh, Gayle, whoever further forward.

Murray will feature a lot I reckon.

Could do, maybe him and Bammy as a pair. I was surprised how well Glenn did when he had a run last year. Right after I picked up Gayle in PTG, of course.

On this note, could bringing in Bamford free up Gayle to move to, say, Wolves?

Puncheon was excellent in the hole last season.

Bet the Middlesbrough fans are shocked, seemed nailed on he would do another stint there despite the fact that he needs to test himself at a higher level now

No value in Chelsea sending him back to the Championship, nothing to prove. They need to find out if he can play in the PL, wasting another year down here is pointless for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back