• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2015/16 - Everything Not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big loss for Stoke. They'll have a problem replacing him.

Yep, great midfielder.

Cabeye to Palace is a cracking bit of business for them.

Fantastic signing in terms of his ability but the price looks a bit high given his age, still if he does as well as he did at Newcastle then he could well be worth it.

Never been able to make my mind up on Nzonzi, at time he looks an absolute beast but then others he's just completely anonymous, if they get decent money for him and find someone more consistent then I think it's a fair bit of business on Stoke's behalf.

£7m for Nzonzi apparently, he's only got a year left on his contract.

Probably going to struggle to find much of an upgrade with that money really, could someone like Jedinak do a job for them for 12 months seen as Palace look to have Cabaye in? He'd be a reliable body in the middle to keep things steady but doesn't have the legs to get about like big Steve.

I think Jedinak was struggling to get in the Palace team towards the end of the season, he might have outlived his use at that level.

Dembele's time is probably up at Spurs and I still really like him as a player but he wouldn't exactly be a like for like replacement.

Is Adam likely to be the other deep midfielder still? If so you'd definitely be struggling to cover the ground in there with someone like Jedinak next to him I suppose, recently released Diaby could've been an absolute steal for them if there was any chance of him retaining the ability to walk for more than 15 minutes at a time but as that looks unlikely it would've been a hell of a gamble to pin your hopes on him.

I imagine Cabaye will get a free reign in behind the striker with two of Zaha/Bolasie/Puncheon/Lee wide.

Diaby is even less reliable than Boukari, I'm not sure anyone's going to take a gamble on him.

Whelan played a lot of games last season, him and Adam doesn't look like a good fit though. They have to find a system to accomodate Bojan if possible.

I think Jedinak was struggling to get in the Palace team towards the end of the season, he might have outlived his use at that level.

Dembele's time is probably up at Spurs and I still really like him as a player but he wouldn't exactly be a like for like replacement.

I thought you thought Dembele was one of Spurs many "heart of pea" players?

Anywho I think Jedinak just didn't get on with Pardew, he was in blistering form before the Asian Cup.

He needs a rocket up his arse for sure. He has proven he can do it in this country though with Fulham.

I think the thing with him at Spurs is that there are so many other players there with the same or of an even weaker personality, it magnifies it in him. Plus I'd look disheartened if I had to play alongside Paulinho every week. Anyway Poch evidently doesn't fancy him.

That's fair, I've always liked him at any rate. Think he's best off playing forward in the role now occupied by Eriksen (plays it in a very different way obv) so yeah if he can get out I think he should.

Talking of transfers, this one by West Ham has got to be (on paper) one of the best ever by a "not always top 6" club.

Berahino has binned Aidy Ward.

Sterling is making himself look like an unbearable twat.

You might contend that "making himself look like" was completely unnecessary there mate.

Sell Coady then buy young and hungry, Huddersfield Town are closing in on the signing of Carlisle United midfielder Kyle Dempsey. A fee has been agreed.

Aston Villa goalkeeper Shay Given has passed a medical with Stoke City. Could be a big mistake by Mark Hughes, Given looks well dodgy these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back