• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2015/16 - Everything Not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
More sensible ownership but a good manager helps

Rangers could hit a massive points total next season then start building towards replacing Celtic as the best team in Scotland which could happen sooner rather than later. Ronny Deila is average at best.

Bruce seriously fucked off with Hull for selling Tom Ince to Derby.

I suppose the club's retort would be "you never used him anyway and as you relegated us after spending loads we need to claw back some money somewhere".

I suppose the club's retort would be "you never used him anyway and as you relegated us after spending loads we need to claw back some money somewhere".

Indeed. Bruce saying he had big plans for Ince next season. I guess he is more annoyed they sold him to a rival, especially as it looked like Newcastle were going to make a move for him

If the fee of nearly £5m is correct, then maybe Hull thought it was too good an offer to turn down. But surely Steve Bruce would have been aware that Ince was being sold?

Cheeky fucker, he should be pleased he is still in employment. Its still a massive surprise though that Ince didn't rock up at Newcastle.

If the fee of nearly £5m is correct, then maybe Hull thought it was too good an offer to turn down. But surely Steve Bruce would have been aware that Ince was being sold?

I think his rage is more to do with who he has been sold to.

Ince does the business in this Division, so to sell him to a Promotion rival does look a bit daft

Ultimately Hull have a huge wage bill to service. They made a massive loss - close to £30m IIRC - when they got promoted from the Championship under Bruce. If they need the money now, as they are struggling to shift the expensive rubbish that Bruce bought, and Derby are willing to pay it now all up front that could well have swung it.

Or maybe Bruce is showing such indignation over the Ince situation because he wants to manage in the Premier League. He will then will resign saying his position is untenable, and is then appointed manager at Leicester City.

Ultimately Hull have a huge wage bill to service. They made a massive loss - close to £30m IIRC - when they got promoted from the Championship under Bruce. If they need the money now, as they are struggling to shift the expensive rubbish that Bruce bought, and Derby are willing to pay it now all up front that could well have swung it.
Yet last week Hull turned down a bid from Bristol City for Harry Maguire so its likely they consulted Bruce about who is likely to feature in the first team this coming season.

Or maybe Bruce is showing such indignation over the Ince situation because he wants to manage in the Premier League. He will then will resign saying his position is untenable, and is then appointed manager at Leicester City.

He's an incredibly fortunate manager, he fails repeatedly and still falls into decent jobs. I don't think Leicester would be interested though. Why would you sack Pearson (even if events off the pitch played a large part) and then appoint someone who finished below them last season on a bigger budget.

I'm still delighted we never ended up with him, I can't abide the man.

He's an incredibly fortunate manager, he fails repeatedly and still falls into decent jobs. I don't think Leicester would be interested though. Why would you sack Pearson (even if events off the pitch played a large part) and then appoint someone who finished below them last season on a bigger budget.

Fair comment DW. I only made my post because a friend of mine who works for Leicester City said that Steve Bruce's name was being mentioned by people within the club. Although I would be surprised if they went for him.

Agree with every single word. I do feel the initial part of Franks post (that Bruce is angling to suggest he's being undermined/untenable position) has some merit.

If Leicester City went for Bruce I would be expecting them to struggle. He just isn't very good.

Bruce seriously $#@!ed off with Hull for selling Tom Ince to Derby.
Derby Telegraph say that an option to buy at £4.75m was part of the loan deal last year, so Hull didn't have a choice. I guess they didn't think they'd go down when they did the deal.

If Leicester City went for Bruce I would be expecting them to struggle. He just isn't very good.

Latest name put forward for Leicester is......Neil Lennon!

I reckon they will go for some foreign untested in England type.

Guus Hiddink also mentioned for Leicester. Can't see that coming off but you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back