• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2015/16 - Everything Not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delph had a good season though? Granted Westwood/Cleverley weren't very good. If he was making defensive errors as a consequence of having to cover far too much ground - similar to how Hennessey made some errors for us which were inevitable due to the sheer number of shots he was facing behind our awful defence - I'd agree with you, but that wasn't the case. He looked severely lacking in the basics you require to perform in the Premier League, you cannot command a place if you are continually giving the ball away in your own half. His performances at QPR and Arsenal were as bad as it gets, as if they'd dragged some guy off the park to play.

What? Delph was far and away Villa's best player last season. Sanchez was utter rubbish nearly every time I watched him. Even Cleverly improved under Sherwood.

Alright, you got me on Delph. Not having any of Cleverly though.

Even saying that though there were times when Delph's positioning left Sanchez well exposed. They didn't operate as an effective unit.

Given the quality I've seen of Sanchez when playing for Colombia I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Doesn't Sanchez just have this reputation of mark marking South American superstars.

Hoovering up the best Portuguese talent to be sold on at massive profit. Porto has signed Portuguese international Danilo Pereira on a 4 year deal from Marítimo.

Journeyman

Al-Shabab (UAE) have announced the signing of Jô (ex-Atlético MG, Man City, Brazil NT) on a 3-year deal:

Fulham now supposedly had bid of£3m for Lewis Dunk rejected. They are certainly prepared to splash the cash and the strategy seems to cream off the better players from other Championship clubs

Carlos Bacca has also joined Milan. Now for some defensive reinforcement.

How are they going to fit both in? Seems like overkill to me.

How are they going to fit both in? Seems like overkill to me.

It looks like Mihajlovic wants to play 4-3-1-2.

Destro went back to Roma, Pazzini hasn't had his contract renewed so Milan have no out and out strikers. Jeremy Menez played the "false 9" for quite a lot of last season.

Is Cerci still there?

Anyway the 4-3-1-2 would probably help Honda immensely (assuming they don't chuck him).

QPR turn down a £12m bid for Charlie Austin from Leicester

That's odd all round, they're already loaded with strikers (Ulloa, Kramaric, Okazaki, Vardy, Nugent) and who's made that bid?

CI_M5MYWUAADYBB.jpg

Chelsea confirms it has agreed terms with Monaco for the season-long loan of Radamel Falcao

Early signs that Rangers have finally got it right. Signing players they need rather than a name they have to pay over the top wages for.

Konoplyanka to Sevilla.

Llorente to Monaco.

Salah throwing a strop in Florence and doesn't want to stay for another 12 months as he agrred.

Huddersfield looking to invest some of the cash windfall received from Wolves bid 475k for Lewis McGugan but are knocked back.

Early signs that Rangers have finally got it right. Signing players they need rather than a name they have to pay over the top wages for.

It shows what can happen when a sensible managerial appointment is made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back