• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2015/16 - Everything Not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jazz Richards has joined Championship side Fulham for an undisclosed fee.

Steve Bruce has asked Man Utd for James Wilson on a seasons loan.

It looks like Javier Hernandez has just broken his collarbone. Not sure how long that'll keep someone out in soccer. Could derail any plans he may have had to leave United.

I broke my collar bone playing football and was out for 2 months nearly.

I was 14 though!

Hull City reject bid from Bristol City for former Sheff Utd defender Harry Maguire.

BBC gossip page reckons Stoke are going to offer Shaqiri a 6 month deal, can't be right.

Crouch let it slip on Twitter, apparently.

Oh, the 6 month bit. Right, yeah. Weird.

Would be absolutely stupid, pay £12m for someone who could walk away for nothing in the very next window. Could see them maybe offering him a release clause for the January window as a bargaining tool if he has serious doubts about going to Stoke, give it a go for 6 months and then if you don't like it you've got a price on your head and nothing Stoke can do to stop him going if someone matches it.

I can only think - if there's any truth to it - that it'd be a six month loan and Stoke are agreeing to pay him over and above what he's on at Inter for that period. You'd think twice about paying £1.2m to have someone for six months, let alone ten times that.

Idrissa Gueye set to sign for Villa for £9M. Don't know much about him.

Idrissa Gueye set to sign for Villa for £9M. Don't know much about him.

Exceptional defensive midfielder but don't think he's worth that much when they already have Carlos Sanchez (who had a superb time in Copa America btw).

Sanchez is a liability, he can't pass a ball.

He was forced to cover Villa's midfield almost entirely by himself last season tbf.

That shouldn't affect his ability to knock the ball ten yards to someone in the same shirt. I really don't see him having much of a future in the Premier League.

I disagree, his two partners were such non-factors it took away anything resembling an outlet from him.

Signing Idrissa does suggest that Mr. Sherwood is in your camp, though.

What? Delph was far and away Villa's best player last season. Sanchez was utter rubbish nearly every time I watched him. Even Cleverly improved under Sherwood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back