• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2014/15 - Everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
The less said, the better. The whole saga is pretty sad.

It's pretty much accepted now that he is much older than his stated age, isn't it? Hence tearing up shit when he was "15" but doing nothing in senior football at any level.

Typically you fall into one of two camps.

• He's much older than he says and that's why he stopped having an impact.
  • He's exactly as old as he says and that's why the hype destroyed his mentality.

It's pretty much accepted now that he is much older than his stated age, isn't it? Hence tearing up shit when he was "15" but doing nothing in senior football at any level.

I didn't know that, would explain a lot. Although there are lots of players over the years that have been hyped up and never done anything with it.

Winston Reid has signed a contract with West Ham running through 2021.

Some real odd rumours flying around that Sheff Wed are ready to take Jordan Rhodes on loan with a £12m (yes, twelve, no typo or missing decimal point) deal pre-arranged for the summer.

I know they have been taken over and the new owners doubtless want to make a statement but FFS. Look at Blackburn since he has been there. Fine player but just a finisher, he will not get you promotion on his own. Also has the potential to fuck this summer's market up à la McCormack.

Weird, I heard this morning it was Forest trying that one.

Forest couldn't do it, under the terms of their FFP embargo the most they can pay a loan player is £11k a week.

Blackburn Rovers manager Gary Bowyer has dismissed suggestions that striker Jordan Rhodes could leave.
The 25-year-old Scotland international has been linked with a loan move to Championship rivals Derby and Norwich after he did not start in the 0-0 FA Cup quarter-final draw at Liverpool.
"It's simple. We've got 11 league games left and a cup quarter final with a potential visit to Wembley," Bowyer told BBC Radio Lancashire.
"Why we would want to be letting any of our players go a this stage is beyond me."

If Venky's want shot of his £40k a week wages given they have no chance of promotion this season, wouldn't be amongst the top six favourites next season and their parachute money runs out in 2016, it's not really up to Bowyer.

Wayne Rooney getting knocked out by Phil Bardsley. He literally could have died there. Footballers are just cunts. Two grown men ffs

He'll be awesome in America. Always found it strange how the really big names always go to NY or LA and not Chicago as well.

Just an update on this: Chicago have been dreadful so far this season and Maloney has been piss poor, too. Not a case of "good player in a field of shit" but "shit shit shit shit shit".

Nottingham Forest boss Dougie Freedman has admitted interest in Arsenal striker Chuba Akpom.

Freedman claims Championship rivals Norwich held talks with the 19-year-old on Saturday - and admits he wants him too.

He said: “The particular player we are interested in was here at Norwich in the morning talking to them. That is fine.

"I know there are four teams who are in for him and he will probably choose Monday or Tuesday.

“That is the competition we are up against."

Could Wolves enter the race for Chuba Akpom next summer on a seasons loan.

He's someone who probably needs to be playing games next season, if we're still in this league I wouldn't be averse to seeing him here

_81833457_garth'steamoftheweek2303.png

Nicely balanced, Garth.

:facepalm:

He's someone who probably needs to be playing games next season, if we're still in this league I wouldn't be averse to seeing him here

We don't need him. What would be the point? You don't take a player on loan to warm the bench.

Looks like Kenwyne Jones is off to Bournemouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back