• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2014/15 - Everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marco Reus signs new contract with Borussia Dortmund through to the summer of 2019.

Marco Reus signs new contract with Borussia Dortmund through to the summer of 2019.

Surprising, would assume there's a release clause in there considering their current struggles and the amount of interest in him.

More likely buying out the existing release clause and putting in a new one which better compensates the club.

He has no release clause now apparently.

Fancies himself the German Totti, ay?

Not the brightest admin at Fulham, FIFA have turned down Bryan Ruiz move to Levante, apparently Fulham thought the Spanish transfer window closed on monday not the previous friday. Levante now hold the economic rights so Ruiz finds himself banned from playing for Fulham. Happy days.

Überwastrel Dani Osvaldo off to Boca Juniors.

Pete O'Rourke ‏@SportsPeteO 1m1 minute ago
Ipswich Town have won the race to sign Leicester City striker Chris Wood on loan.

He's a good signing for them, but wouldn't be for us. I think we need another forward, but one on the up who will come knowing he starts as back up is much more likely

Now that Kenny Jackett has nailed his colours to two up front I wouldn't mind someone in central midfield who could get physical and put his foot in when the better opponents are running through us. Cough Cough Steve Sidwell.

He's a good signing for them, but wouldn't be for us. I think we need another forward, but one on the up who will come knowing he starts as back up is much more likely

I think that could well be a problem. Good sides will want their good reserves getting game time if they are sent out on loan. Is somebody on the up willing to come to us as we are looking for a bench warmer?

I think that is a fair challenge, but I'd see coming to a side challenging for promotion in the Championship and maybe having to wait for a chance as progression from the U21 league and not making the bench for a Premier League team. I'm not expecting someone like a Wilson at Utd, but hopefully an upgrade on a Keita and Reid who don't seem to be ready / good enough and Doyle. Wood would have been a sub and doesn't suit the way we play.

Freddy Adu is reportedly signing for an unnamed club in the Allsvenskan. The ride never ends.

jon stewart facepalm.jpg

Memphis Depay, who is Dutch and therefore linked with Manchester United, has apparently told PSY Eindhoven he would like to leave the club this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back